Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Great location and really good service

Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum

Crowne Plaza Chester

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Crowne Plaza Chester

Trinity Street Chester, GB CH1 2BD

Great location and really good service (0 Photo)

Crowne Plaza Chester

Check In

I got to the hotel quite late at night and got a friendly welcome from the receptionist.  I'd driven up and although the hotel has a car park, it's not huge (and make sure you don't accidentally go to the NCP car park in front of it - I did but realised before I went through the barrier) and the tightness of the space was exacerbated by the fact that a couple of right spanners had managed to park their cars across a couple of bays so it was difficult to find a space to park in and when I did, it was a very tight fit.  The receptionist reminded me to put my licence plate details into a machine to avoid a parking fine (car parking is provided at a cost of £10 per day and you need to leave the car park by check out or pay a further £5 to stay later).

Room

I had booked a guest double room but got upgraded to a room on the Executive Club level, which was unexpected but pleasant.  The room itself had a good sized bed with a range of soft and firm pillows (including a lavender spray to put on them).  The room came with Sky TV channels, complimentary water (still and sparkling), a mini bar fridge (which was empty), kettle and tea/coffee making facilities and biscuits and a mini safe with a combination lock.  There was also a trouser press, robe and slippers and a hair dryer.  There was no real view out of the window (which was fine) and there was an arm chair, table and desk facilities.  Bonus points for having USB charging points right next to the bed.  Furniture was a little dated but not in bad condition.

The bathroom was a good size with a shower over the bath.  The shower/bath had temperature controlled mixer taps, which was easy to use and the pressure was good.  There was Honey Bee lemon grass shower gel, body lotion, conditioner and shampoo together with a shower cap, amenity kit (cotton buds and pads).

The only criticism I had was that after using the shower there was a bit of a drain smell.

Service

Service was great - staff remembered me and were happy to chat and I had a really lovely chat with their loyalty ambassador about the IHG scheme (and it was nice to speak to someone who knew about the programme and could give advice).

Dining

I had paid for breakfast and it was a good buffet spread of hot English breakfast items, contintental items, pastries and cakes, yoghurts and cereals.  There was a chef making omlettes to order but I didn't try it.  Staff were good at clearing things away and tea/coffee was brought on request (and if you didn't want that then there was a range of fruit juice).

Location is fabulous - a couple of minutes walk from the main shopping street with the Cathedral, Castle, City WAlls  and Ampitheatre all within 15 minutes walk.

Overall

Although it's not the newest or most modern hotel, the location is great and the staff really make you feel welcome.  I should say that I had access to the Executive Lounge, which does canapes between 5pm and 8pm.  I did pop my head around the door and it's quite a small space but there was beer and soft drinks there for those who want it.

I'm planning a return trip to Chester next year and will definitely stay here again.

Would you like to write a review on the Crowne Plaza Chester?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.