Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria, BC

Old Sep 9, 18, 8:14 pm
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card

Hotel Grand Pacific

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel Grand Pacific

463 Belleville St Victoria, BC CA V8V1X3

Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria, BC (3 Photos)

Hotel Grand Pacific

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

PHOTOS-

Top- View from balcony

Middle-dining and sitting area

Bottom-sitting area and bedroom

Victoria is a vibrant and cosmopolitan small city, just a ferry ride away for me and many others.  The Hotel Grand Pacific provides fine accommodations right on the inner harbor.

Check In

The hotel is easy to find, and has an on-site parking garage.  Check-in was quick and professional.

Room

I was upgraded to what is essentially the finest room in the hotel--a top-floor Harbour View Suite.  The room featured a washroom off the entry hallway; a dining table with six chairs; a sitting area with couch, three overstuffed chairs, large TV, and fireplace; three balconies overlooking the Harbor and Legislative Assembly (two balconies furnished with two chairs and a table); and a separate bedroom with king bed and master bath.  Amenities included binoculars, a stereo with CD's, mini-fridge, and a kettle with tea and French-press coffee maker.

The master bath was well-equipped with a shower, jetted tub, and bidet.  The shower had some problems--the spray was directed onto a rack for shampoo at the top, and at the bottom the water sprayed putside the stall. 

I was traveling with two other couples, who were upgraded also from city view rooms to harbor view rooms.  The standard rooms were well-equipped.

Service

All service I received, from Housekeeping, the Front Desk, and Wait staff was professional and courteous.  The staff seemed to enjoy their jobs, and was looking to go the extra mile.

Dining

The only meal I had was the breakfast buffet.  It was sufficient, with high quality bood.  The dining room dinner menu looked very good.

The location of this hotel is only surpassed by the Fairmont Empress, which is slightly closer to downtown.  The Hotel Grand Pacific is located right across the street from Vicroria's Inner Harbor, so half the rooms have a harbor view.  Directly across the street is the MV Coho (Port Angeles car ferry) dock, and just a short distance away are docks for the Victoria Clipper  (Seattle passenger ferry) and V2V (Vancouver passenger ferry).  Seaplanes and water taxis are available nearby.  The hotel is next door to the Legislative Assembly Building, and a block away from the BC Royal Museum.  Downtown Victoria with all its shops and restaurants is just a few blocks away.

Overall

I have stayed at three other hotels in Victoria, and like this one the best.  Its location is fantastic, and the rooms are modern and thoughtfully furnished.  The standard rooms are a good value, and the Luxury Harbour View Suite has everything a discerning traveler would need.

Pool

My traveling companions enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Concierge

The concierge was helpful in assisting us with finding a restaurant for lunch.

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Grand Pacific?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 14, 19, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Hello, Maglev,

Thanks for sharing hotel images with some details are very nice. You should need in future saw more attractive hotels and resorts so, I recommend my company he provides the best service in California & I detail sharing for California places related to this country hotels and resorts more attractive and good looking he provides the best service and summer time this place is very attractive actually the reason is that this places hotel near beaches he is very attractive.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: