Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
Edgewater Seattle

Edgewater Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Edgewater Hotel

99 W2411 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121 Plant St , US 7

Edgewater Seattle (2 Photos)

Edgewater Hotel

I have stayed at several different places in Seattle, but we recently always return to the Edgewater.  It's just so nice to sit on a balcony right over the water and watch the ships and wildlife.  The rooms are comfortable, there's a good restaurant, and it has a central location.

Room

The rooms are well furnished for two, with fireplaces, two nice chairs, and a large furry bear for a footstool. 

Some of the water side rooms have a balcony, while others feature a window that opens with a railing (these rooms also have a bath tub in the bathroom).  We prefer the rooms with a balcony.  We have never stayed in nor seen inside any of their suites. 

IMG_7106.jpg 

This location is probably as good as any in Seattle.  It is particularly convenient for the Victoria Clipper and Norwegian Cruise lines, as they use the piers on either side of the hotel.

Dining

The on-site restaurant is "Six Seven," named after the pier number that the hotel occupies.  My neighbors say it is one of Seattle's two most expensive restaurants (the other being the now-closed Sky City at the top of the Space Needle).  Anyway, we find the food here to be very good.  I think Seattle has a labor problem, and we once had a waiter who was not quite on-the-ball.  Also, the band they had playing one Friday night was terrible in our opinion (but I guess we are old farts...).

We like having breakfast in our room, and they do a good job of that here.  We have learned that one breakfast is good for two of us (for example one eggs Benedict each).  Here is a picture of an excellent acocado and goat cheese omelet, along with someone looking for a handout:IMG_7266.jpg

Service

We have found the service to be professional, prompt, and courteous

Overall

I like when a hotel has something special to offer, such as balconies over the water.  It's also nice if the rooms are comfortably furnished for two people, and if there is a good on-site restaurant.  I never use the exercise room at a hotel, and some recent news items will keep me away from pools for a while.  So this hotel has what I want.  The decor is northwest modern-there is use of tree bark and metal, but overall it feels updated.  There are a couple points about the decor in the bathroom that make it a little inconvenient.

I lived on Maui for 37 years, but decided to move to the northwest when I first stayed at the Edgewater Hotel.  It was a combination of the food we had in the restaurant and then sitting on our balcony watching the ferries come and go (in February.  If one can come from Maui to the Northwest in February and like it, then it might be a good fit!).  Before then and since then, I have stayed at other hotels in Seattle--but now, we always stay at the Edgewater.

Edgewater Seattle

Would you like to write a review on the Edgewater Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes

Last edited by Maglev; Jun 19, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card

Last edited by Maglev; Jul 9, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.