Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port - Great Hotel

Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Center Island Waterways Lower Mersey St Ellesmere Port, UK GB CH65 2AL

Great Hotel (0 Photo)

It had been some time since we visited the Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port, where we had several enjoyable stays.

Just off the motorway, and close to outlet shopping, the Hotel is well signposted. It is equally well situated for shopping as for touring North Wales/Liverpool/Manchester.

Car parking is particularly good, with ample spaces close to the entrance.

When making the reservation, I mistakenly booked a room only rate, and as it was an advance purchase rate, I was unable to add breakfast to the booking. An email to the hotel resulted in a very helpful reply from Leanne who amended my booking there and then to include breakfast.

The lady at reception was very pleasant and welcomed me as an IHG Rewards Club Gold member. My morning newspaper preference was noted and we were handed drinks vouchers for use in the hotel bar.

I had reserved a room with a double bed and sofa bed, and was very pleased with the standard of the newly refurbished room. Very spacious, comfortable sofa for watching TV and there were several charging points for mobile devices.

A particularly nice touch was a plate of cookies and birthday card for my wife: I had made no mention of her birthday during the booking process, so I presume that the information was retained from a previous stay. A small but very nice touch indeed. Oh, and the cookies were delicious!

A single menu is offered for bar food, the restaurant and room service. There was a good choice and we had a pleasant meal one evening in the bar.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant which overlooks the canal. It is a very pleasant room, and the food was excellent. The staff were particularly friendly, as indeed were all staff members we encountered throughout our stay.

This was a very pleasant stay in a hotel which manages to maintain a high standard. Staff are very pleasant and the hotel’s location make it a good choice. The refurbished rooms are very nice too.

Great Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.