Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Weekend Stay in FS NYC Downtown

Four Seasons New York Downtown

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

27 Barclay St New York, NY US 10007

Weekend Stay in FS NYC Downtown (0 Photo)

A few times a year, I usually take my Mother on a trip with me out of the country. Fortunately, I had some business to do in NYC and was able to give the FS NYC Downtown a whirl. This was a short 3 night stay, before we headed off to Doha and Singapore.

Check In

We arrived via town car front JFK on a Friday afternoon. Check in was quick and efficient. We were booked on a FSPP rate through BESVISOR (who went above and beyond to get the hotel to honor a third night free promotion), $100 daily breakfast credit at CUT, and a $100 F&B credit. Benefits were acknowledged (and explained). Overall, great service was provided from the the bell staff and front desk. Very eager and friendly staff.

Room

I booked a deluxe room, because of the need for 2 beds. This is the highest level non-suite room with twin beds. For a non-suite - the size of the room was incredible, especially for NYC standards. The finishes were fantastic. The hard product just really shined. The bathroom was a high point, and all of my hypoallergenic bedding requests were acknowledged and met. 

Dining

We had breakfast every morning at CUT. The food was solid. Even though we were initially told that there was only a $100 breakfast credit, everything (even overage) was removed at checkout. I tried quite a few dishes - but really enjoyed the eggs benedict, as well as the fresh daily juices. In-room dining was solid as well, though pricey, as expected.

Service

I would describe the service as well intentioned. We were acknowledged by name by the front desk, concierge, bell staff, restaurant staff, following our first full day at the hotel. There were some minor mishaps on the housekeeping side of things - however they were quickly rectified. I found the service to be warm, friendly, and very proactive (not reactive). Overall, the staff were young (as other posters have acknowledged), but very eager. 

The location worked perfect for us. My Mother hasn’t been to Ellis Island or the World Trade Center Museum, so the hotel was in the perfect location. I also had some business to attend to in Brooklyn, so this was a nice usual change from my stays that are usually closer to Midtown. 

Weekend Stay in FS NYC Downtown

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons New York Downtown?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.