Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Regal Hongkong Hotel - Basic Airport Hotel - With Some Frills

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton

Regal Hongkong Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Regal Hongkong Hotel

88 Yee Wo Street Causeway Bay Hong Kong, HK

Basic Airport Hotel - With Some Frills (0 Photo)

Regal Hongkong Hotel

Not The Upscale Hotel It Promotes Itself As.  Recommended only if in need of a transit hotel in close proximity to airport.

Check In

A little faster than usual as the  process has taken time in the past. This time there there were enough agents at the desk.

The lobby area is immense, but the checkin area can get crowded.

Room

A fairly spacious room for Hong Kong, although rather dated. Furnishings were on the cheap side,  Room safe not large enough for my laptop computer.

Service

Distant and cold. Not particularly welcoming, at least not to same degree as a Hilton or Hyatt etc.

Dining

N/A  I had eaten here previously and had been disappointed, so I walked to the airport and ate there instead. I enjoyed both the short walk and the options.

Excellent location which is why I selected the hotel.

Overall

The hotel benefits from being the only hotel next to the airport, and it is the only reason to use it. Compared to other airport hotels in Asia, especially the Beijing International Hilton, this facility is dated and of lower quality. It is an expensive place to stay and as much as I love the Hong Kong airport, the attractiveness of an overnight transit stay isn't there anymore for me. 

Bathroom

Bathroom was bare bones with blocked bathtub and sink drains. Bathtub/shower combination that was low end.  The use a blue colouring additive in the toilet water reinforced the impression that this was a bathroom  one would find in lower end hotel.

Pool

Based upon what I saw, the exterior pool did not look inviting,

Gym

Excellent facilities that are as good as any premium brand hotel.

Basic Airport Hotel - With Some Frills

Would you like to write a review on the Regal Hongkong Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.