Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2001, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Arrow Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort {US-CA} (formerly Fess Parker)

Anyone had stay at this resort?? We plan to travel up to bay area in July, and want to stop along on way - one stop around Santa Barbara, and one stop around Monterey. I noted there's this Doubletree at Santa Barbara, and it's around $300/nite, or 35000 hh points/nite (Premium).. Wondering if anyone has any comment/review on it? Or, if you have any other recomendation?? Many thanks. As for Monterey, we are staying at Hilton Monterey.

Helen =)
Old Mar 18, 2001, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
We stayed there about a year ago and were very impressed. There is a large, open lobby with lots of flowers. Almost reminded me of Hawaii when we first walked in. It is about a block from the beach and the ocean and about a mile from the main downtown area. However, they have a frequent complimentary shuttle bus that runs all along the beach and then through downtown. Nothing special about the restaurants, but there are plenty of good places to eat in SBA anyway.

This hotel would be my first choice on a return visit.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 12:13 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Sometimes you can get a room at the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara/Montecito for around $300. Far superior to Fess Parkers'.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 1:16 pm

After aivdly reading and learning so much from FlyerTalk for the last year I finally decided to register .
Safari means Journey in Swahli, I learned that when I worked in Tanzania several years ago.
I jst saw on ezboard that the Fess Parker Hotel in Santa Barbara is now coming up on Priceline bids for $100. I have had great success using Priceline after reading this site..
.http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding
Old Mar 18, 2001, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
If I can get Four Seasons for $300, will def. consider that... =) Otherwise, will prob try Fess Parkers Resort for this trip. Will let everyone know how's our trip turns out. Many thanks.

Old May 18, 2001, 9:45 pm

I'll be staying at this property next month- any recent comments or particular recommendations for room requests? Also, does anyone know how long the ride from the property to LAX is (departing from hotel around 12N)?
Old Jun 28, 2001, 2:07 pm

Suggestions for H Santa Barbara- Monterey

Any favorable suggestions for any of the H hotels in Central California for July?
Old Jun 28, 2001, 2:51 pm

On a related note, would anybody with info on the Fess Parker Doubletree post their reviews on the property, including any benefits (if any) provided to HHonors gold members?

[This message has been edited by travelour (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old Jun 28, 2001, 4:09 pm

Link to this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002005.html
Old Jun 28, 2001, 7:46 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looked at Fess Parker Double Tree, but could not stomach the $300+ room rate.

A buddy stayed at this property and said it was a great location/property.

I took the $102 rate at the Woodlands Hilton, while not on the beach, it was close enough to Santa Barbara to be our base.

Old Nov 29, 2001, 2:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort Santa Barbara

I am going to be staying a the DoubleTree Fess Parker Resort in Santa Barbara, CA very soon. What kind of upgrades can I expect as a HHonors Diamond member?

------------------
DL PM MM
Comment from one Passenger to another: "Isn't it interesting to note that parts of this plane were built by the lowest bid contractor?"
Old Nov 29, 2001, 2:51 pm

Don't know. Please keep us informed! Sounds like this property would be place to stay.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 7:53 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Don't know why I do not stay at more Doubletrees, but everytime I have I have been upgraded to a very large room or a suite.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 7:25 am

I just happened to read the membership guide for Diamonds, it says that when we check-in at the front desk we are to take out our Elite card and tell them that we would like to have an upgrade. I did exatly that last in San Antonio, and they gave me a huge room.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 3:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise
The best thing about being a Diamond at 2Tree is that you get a tin of those delicious cookies at checkin!

SteveH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.