Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air and babies?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:18 am

Greetings I contacted Reservation center agent in Taiwan yesterday but I didn't get a clear answer for these two questions.

1. What is the actual size and weight restriction for the bassinet.
The agent on the phone said they would email that info but I don't see it.
2. Are infants allowed as lap children in royal laurel:

"(Currently, Royal Laurel Class is not equipped with baby bassinet. Using Child seat belts or child car seats is not allowed due to safety reason)."

Someone above posted this too. I read this is as an infant not being able to sit in a separate seat, but I am assuming we can still keep the baby on our laps.

If so, leads to my final questions: do you think there is enough space in the Royal Laurel with a baby on the lap the whole time. Or am I better in elite class with a bassinet.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
My wife and I will be flying along with our 6 month old daughter in September. We bought 3 business class seats for us and our daughter.

We are flying LAX-> TPE -> HKG.

From what balibill says about Royal Laurel Class not able to use car seats , does this mean there was no need to purchase a seat for our daughter?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
ok, i think this all depends on how you sleep with your kids. in elite a basinet is a must, in R/L if you normally sleep side by side with your child, it will be tight but possible but honestly it wont be comfortable.

i dont understand the problem with a car seat but i would avoid R/L with a baby.

good luck
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:26 am

I just bought three tickets (for me, my spouse, and my 2 year old) on a 773ER in business and when I went to choose the seats, I realized that the route is now a 1-2-1 config instead of a 2-2-2.

Seeing this layout is not ideal for a kid, what would someone recommend for choosing seating? window and 2 middle in the same row? All on the same side?

Kinda wishing I did not buy these now, though they were hardly more expensive than the economy plus seats.

Thanks for any help
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by prog
I just bought three tickets (for me, my spouse, and my 2 year old) on a 773ER in business and when I went to choose the seats, I realized that the route is now a 1-2-1 config instead of a 2-2-2.

Seeing this layout is not ideal for a kid, what would someone recommend for choosing seating? window and 2 middle in the same row? All on the same side?
This hopefully isn't too late. If you're in the new RL seats, the 1-2-1 configuration is misleading....it should actually be 1-1-1-1. There is no difference per se btn window and aisle as the window seat is win/aisle, the aisle seats are separated from the other aisle seat by a wall.

This might explain it better: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva..._777-300ER.php. There are two versions, if you're in the newer V1 version, then my description is correct. I usually fly the JFK/Tpe sectors, BR 31 and 32.

In you situation, I would suggest one window, one aisle directly across from the window seat, and then 3rd can be either window or aisle behind or front. For example: 9A, 9D and 10A

Good luck!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:57 am

Based on the seatguru maps the front cabin such as 1A 2A 2D instead of row 9 and 10 looks to work out better ?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
This hopefully isn't too late. If you're in the new RL seats, the 1-2-1 configuration is misleading....it should actually be 1-1-1-1. There is no difference per se btn window and aisle as the window seat is win/aisle, the aisle seats are separated from the other aisle seat by a wall.

This might explain it better: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva..._777-300ER.php. There are two versions, if you're in the newer V1 version, then my description is correct. I usually fly the JFK/Tpe sectors, BR 31 and 32.

In you situation, I would suggest one window, one aisle directly across from the window seat, and then 3rd can be either window or aisle behind or front. For example: 9A, 9D and 10A

Good luck!
We did 1 window and 2 middles in different rows, but after a couple weeks of thinking, we decided to downgrade to Elite so we can just sit next to him.

I think I am the only person to complain that the new layout is too private. But seriously, am I the only person who would like the option of sitting with my wife on a long haul? the 1-1-1-1 is kinda weird.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
From what balibill says about Royal Laurel Class not able to use car seats , does this mean there was no need to purchase a seat for our daughter?
I am not sure. I think the 2 possible meanings are:

1 - the seats are not certified with child car seats - so they cannot be used with them
2 - lap children are not welcome in RL
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by prog
We did 1 window and 2 middles in different rows, but after a couple weeks of thinking, we decided to downgrade to Elite so we can just sit next to him..
Why not book two elite and one RL. Then you can alternate seats for napping on flat bed?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 8:43 am

I flew EVA RL + 2 Y seats in July

RL is not children-friendly at all, there's a mom and 3 year old in front (so 10G, 10K) of my seat (11K, last row of RL) and the mom kept getting up and going over to the girl's side almost for the entire flight as she was coughing a lot

We trid the swap, hoping that people can sleep better in the flat-bed
My wife tried to slept with my 2.5 old girl in the RL seat, didn't sleep very well as it's not wide enough for 1 Adult + 1 15kg girl
In the end, my daughter slept the best while the 2 adults suffered

I think we would've been better in a 3-seater Y seats in the back, and let the kid lie down between 2 adults

Keep in mind - ELITE seats' armchairs do NOT raise up, so kids cannot lie down on a 2-seater.
If you're flying low season, I'd much prefer having an empty 3-seater (book window & aisle, hope for empty middle seat) than 2 Elite seats

You could also book 1 RL (11K) and 2 1st row Elite seats (20H,K) so it's only 1 curtain away
Old May 25, 2014, 7:55 am

i flew BR32 from TPE >> NYC on Saturday. Contrary to what is listed on the webpage, there actually is a bassinet available in RL (at least on my flight) for seat 8K (appeared to be the only one, but maybe another one in the front RL section. 8A did not have one available). Its not the most convenient in terms of location, as the bassinet is pretty high up, but its def. available.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:32 pm

Didn't want to make a new thread, had a question on size of strollers that can be brought into the cabin than gate checking.
Anyone with experience of bringing on standard size stroller? Will be flying in Royal Laurel with 1 yr old.

thanks
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
What’s a standard size stroller? We can put a Yoyo Babyzen overhead, but the Uppababy Vista needs to be gate checked.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:56 pm

21.73 x 24.79 x 34.80 Inches is our size, the yoyo babyzen is definitely much smaller and lighter.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kaiotes
21.73 x 24.79 x 34.80 Inches is our size, the yoyo babyzen is definitely much smaller and lighter.
Sounds way too big for the cabin. Ask at check-in. The CP will have final say on whether that goes in the cabin closets or in the hold. They definitely won't let you take an overhead bin with that stroller(safety issue and does it even fit?). Uppababy Vista seems to have smaller dimensions than yours and like blackhappy said, they had to gate check it.

What route are you flying? Certain routes have closets filled to the brim with service and safety items, certain routes have empty ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.