Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA TPE lounge situation: stop the insanity!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA TPE lounge situation: stop the insanity!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Jimbo can eat as much Hagen Das in one trip as other FF's would in a lifetime - its true trust me I am a doctor
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:30 pm

In July wife & I flied BNE/TPE/CDG on L class (BNE/TPE was in economy actually). I (silver) departed at earlier dates and got op-up BNE/TPE. Wife (gold) didn't get the luck. We met at TPE and both op'd-up to PL at check-in for the TPE/CDG leg.

We were directed to the Lounge side. The receptionist said "cos you're on PL you're upgraded to the Lounge etc. etc...".

On our way return from CDG we didn't have luck again. However the Elite class is quite comfy for me and actually we both feel it's better than PL in A330 which ops the BNE/TPE leg. When we went to BR lounge for our TPE/BNE leg (no op again so on couch ) we were directed to the Club side this time. Knowing that the Lounge side is far more better wife asked if we can use the Lounge side, and was told only Gold card + PL can use the Lounge. Hope this helps to clear out what makes you entitled the Lounge side.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:12 am

Returned from a trip a few days ago on which I was given different lounges going and coming back.

Flying as Gold on Elite ticket.

Wednesday morning at ~6am was directed to the left side lounge. The lounges had barely opened so it wasn't like the right side was already full up.

Returning transit through Taipei on Sunday afternoon was directed to the right side lounge(sigh). Lounge was about 50% full at this time.

When leaving I asked the desk attendant out of curiosity what determines who goes where for these two lounges. Her reply was that Diamonds and Golds with PL tix get the left lounge.

Hopefully next time I again get the nice lady attendant that sent me to the nicer lounge by either pointing the wrong way or not knowing supposed policy.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire - CX MPC Gold, *A GOLD Turkish, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by randyrlp
When leaving I asked the desk attendant out of curiosity what determines who goes where for these two lounges. Her reply was that Diamonds and Golds with PL tix get the left lounge.
This is just plain stupid. I think they should just put up a chart on the front desk with the corresponding cards/tier levels and their corresponding lounges, nothing too difficult and no need to deal with someone as to which lounge one belongs.. since all of the pax coming through are premium cabin pax whatsoever.
why waste another staff on determining who belongs where? sounds like kids play to me hm..
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:46 am

Travel on 7 October
flight: BKK - TPE - SFO and return, Z (discount business) class ticket (fully paid for, no upgrades), no status (my first time on EVA longhaul)
me: smartly dressed, showered this morning, smell decent, polite
arrival: 1715 local time

I just arrived at the EVA lounge in Taipei enroute to SFO and the rather brusque lady at reception pointed me to the right, The Club. It's rather full, and nothing terribly spectacular, but I guess it's better than sitting at the gate. Fortunately, the game room is out of order. I would imagine that makes the place a bit quieter! I hoped to check out The Lounge, but perhaps on another trip.

I just hope I can get a nice shower here when I return in tww weeks.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Depends on which way the wind blows with BR staff and also CI staff at TPE, they still think they are super elite people to be chosen to work for an airline
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
STOP PRESS!! The names have changed again.

The old C lounge, which became the "The Club" is now "The Business"
The old F lounge, which became "The Lounge" is now "The Diamond"

As for today:

Flight: BR67 TPE-LHR
Class of travel: Elite (Q)
Companions?: No
Attire: Usual smart casual.
Arrival time at lounge reception: 7.15am for 9.10am departure
Lounge offered: "The Business"

Was busy, but by no means full. Became full around 8am, but began to empty around 8.15am
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:35 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Lounge Report

Travel Date: 11 Nov 2009
Flight: BR 16 TPE-LAX
Class of travel: PL (Z)
Companions?: Yes - PL (N) Silver
Transit from CGK
Arrival time at lounge: 8:30pm for 11:55pm departure
Lounge offered: "The Diamond"
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:45 am
Suspended

Is it me ? I walked up the other morning, T2 was mega packed, seems they have about 10 flights all leaving within minutes of each other. I just showed by lounge invite to the lady outside the garden and just walked in. I dont have any status with EVA just fly biz class. I was made very welcome and no mention of get out of here this is for super VIP's
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Travel Date: December 13, 2009
Flight: BR 26 TPE-SEA
Class of Travel: Premium Laurel (J)
Companions? No
Arrival Time at Lounge: 9:30 PM for 11:00 PM Departure
Lounge Offered: "The Diamond"
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Dec 17 SEA-TPE
Paid PL (Z)

Lounge: The Diamond. The fellow said something like "the business lounge will be crowded so we'd like to invite you to this side".

So far, it's pretty empty in here.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by TypicalAnonym
I know this has been written about numerous times -- heck, I've even written about it myself in the past.

In TPE EVA is still reserving two lounges for their diamond card members and stuffing the third full to the point of overflowing with everyone else.

In that lounge with the ambiance of a bus station, I cannot even find 2 seats together for me and my wife to sit, within reach of an electrical outlet for my laptop. Nice way to spend 6 hours!

All this on full-fare paid PL tickets.

So now for the third time in the past year or so I actually went to talk to the supervisor at the lounge entrance and complained that for >$4k per ticket I would like a better experience. And for the third time, they invited me to use the garden lounge (well, one other time they invited me to the other lounge inside -- sorry I can't remember which is which as far as naming goes). And for the third time, the non-bus-station lounge is EMPTY. An no point over the past 3.5 hours has there been more than a small handful of other customers.

I am a bit curious about this lounge policy. What percentage of their diamond card members are non-Taiwanese? I don't toss around a question/accusation like this lightly, but I think people might see where I am going with that question.
i knew your post was 1.5 years ago, but I for the same time I did not find any similar situation.
normally travel with BR PL with AMEX Plat, I enter either diamond or business lounge with no such issue. maybe you are just unlucky with BR.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:27 pm

Travel Date: December 27, 2009
Flight: BR 391 TPE-SGN
Class of Travel: Elite (L), OP-UPed to Premium Laurel
Companions? No
Arrival Time at Lounge: 8am for 9.10am departure
Lounge Offered: "The Diamond" (the old F lounge)

That's two OP-UPs from Elite to PL in a row, the previous one being BR68 LHR-TPE just over a week ago (and reported elsewhere).

Whilst I prefer this lounge to the standard one, there are NO HOT DOGS HERE.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I'll sell you a dozen(s) of hot dogs for 1 PL OP-UP each!

Seriously, I prefer the main lounge. Not crowded for the US dawn/nighttime connections.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I'll sell you a dozen(s) of hot dogs for 1 PL OP-UP each!
Will think about it....

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Seriously, I prefer the main lounge. Not crowded for the US dawn/nighttime connections.
I feel the "Diamond" (the old F) lounge is more Taiwan-centric than the "Business" (the old C) lounge. Yesterday the ONLY English language reading material available was the inflight magazine "Verve" (and that's 50/50). In the "Business" you're guaranteed International Herald Tribune and a few others. Though there are some western snacks available, there's a better choice in the default lounge.

OK thought about it... nah, but thanks for the offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.