Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Is 'Available' really available when booking award direct with EVA?

Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Looking to book my first mileage award direct with EVA. Will be transferring points from citi so want to make sure they don't get stuck at EVA if I can't use them. I'm very well experienced with many other programs and award bookings, but never booked direct with EVA.

When I look via evaair.com as an Infinity MileageLands search for 2x J seats SEA-MNL I see 'Available' almost every day in Oct all on BR for 75k each. Same for returns. Sounds too good to be true.

Does this mean the seats are really available? Or will an online booking be routed to some person somewhere who then "checks" and probably rejects the booking as not available?

Yes I have completed the "On-Line Services" and the add Nominee processes to add my wife to my account. What fun that was!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I haven't seen reports of phantom availability when searching on BR's website, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Two things you can do to give yourself more reassurance: search SEA-TPE and TPE-MNL individually, and call BR to ask an agent to check availability.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mcooper7290
Does this mean the seats are really available? Or will an online booking be routed to some person somewhere who then "checks" and probably rejects the booking as not available?
I recently booked two one-way flights for my parents. SEA-MNL then MNL-SEA. In my experience, Available means available. The booking process went through with no issues. I think I got confirmation emails with ticket numbers after just several minutes.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:04 pm

Also, not sure how far in booking process youve gone through- but adding your wife as nominee isnt enough. You also have to transfer your miles to her.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

> Also, not sure how far in booking process you’ve gone through- but adding your wife as nominee isn’t enough. You also have to transfer your miles to her.

Yup. I did a test transfer the other day from me to her and that worked fine.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
I haven't seen reports of phantom availability when searching on BR's website, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Two things you can do to give yourself more reassurance: search SEA-TPE and TPE-MNL individually, and call BR to ask an agent to check availability.
I just called BR and they confirmed lots of availability for the flights. It seemed to match what I see on evaair.com. Amazing!

I just started the citi -> eva transfer. So I'm committed now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.