Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by san88
Canít decided between

Roasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes

or

Hainanese Chicken Served with Assorted Vegetables and Chicken Rice

Any thoughts? (LAX - TPE lunch)
I've had the chicken rice on a different route. It was good but nothing compared to the ones on the ground. On the other hand, I tend to prefer BR's Asian offerings over their western ones. I'll probably choose the duck - either way, enjoy
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello all,
on BR long haul (specifically IAH TPE) - Is it "dine on demand" in business (like QR)? Or are the meal times specific?
No BR does not do "dine on demand" but the F/As will be more than happy to accommodate any request.
EVA Air F/As love to rush through the meal orders prior to takeoff, so I will just tell the F/As to set aside your meal. They will have no issue to accommodate your request.

Carfield
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
No BR does not do "dine on demand" but the F/As will be more than happy to accommodate any request.
EVA Air F/As love to rush through the meal orders prior to takeoff, so I will just tell the F/As to set aside your meal. They will have no issue to accommodate your request.

Carfield
Thank you! this is great to know.
that flight departs almost close to midnight local time...so will be tough to have a full meal immediately!
Old Jun 21, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: EB
Haven't tried BA yet, stuck with Star Alliance flights for now.. Maybe in the future!
Old Jun 21, 2023, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Iím flying tomorrow, so will report on the J meals. I think I just preordered the long haul meal.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, MPC Green
Any recommendation on what to choose?

YYZ-TPE: Tried the lobster when I last flew EVA a while back and didn't like it too much. Leaning towards the lamb rack, but does anyone know how the Five Spice Duck is?

Shrimp and Scallop Noodle Soup (307kcal) Served with Lotus Root and Ladys finger with Sesame Sauce
Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Quinoa (519kcal)
Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Cherry Demi Reduction Served with Assorted Vegetables and Celery and Potato Puree (539kcal)
Five Spice Duck Served with Assorted Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles (578 kcal)
Artichoke Ravioli with Mushroom Bolognese Sauce Served with Sauteed Spinach and Fava Beans (483 kcal)
Lobster Thermidor Served with Assorted Vegetables and Basmati Wild Rice ( 281 kcal)
Potato Crusted Salmon with Tomato Jalapeno Salsa Served with Assorted Vegetables ( 404kcal)
Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes (437kcal)

TPE-YYZ: This one is more difficult. Thinking about beef cheek, but braised pork belly, spare ribs, CHilean sea bass, they all sound great. Any insight?

Grilled US Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Mushroom Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetable and Gratin Dauphinois with Bamboo Shoot (600kcal)
Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tanís Wok Fried Chicken with Pineapple and Chestnut Served with Steamed Rice with Quinoa(570kcal)
Seared Taiwan Brindal Bass with Garlic Butter Clam Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetable and Creamy Spaghetti (523kcal)
Created by Chef Paul Lee - Braised Beef Cheek Fermented Black Beans Potato Puree Nest Fern (358kcal)
Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables (542kcal)
Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang -Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable Served with Steamed Rice (741kcal)
Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by escherfan
Any recommendation on what to choose?
On a recent TPE-SEA round trip Iíve had similar choices. I had the sea bass on the outbound and the lamb rack on the inbound. Both were good (especially the sea bass). Enjoy.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: EB
I enjoyed Lamb racks the most (your TGE-YYZ flight). For outbound flight I'd suggest go for lamb as well, and let us know which lamb is the best!
Old Jul 15, 2023, 10:49 am

Any suggestions on what to choose for my mother's upcoming ORD-TPE flight? I think she's enjoyed lobster onboard before but I'm not sure how it was prepared. I've read rave reviews for the noodle soup but I don't think she'd go for that on a plane. I'm leaning towards the lobsters - the one with cashew nuts seems like a regular onboard selection while the gratinated lobster needs to be prebooked. Thank you for any insight!

Braised Beef Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Lobster with Cashew Nuts and Braised Pork Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Chicken Roulade Served with Coconut Curry Soba Noodles and Assorted Vegetables
Braised Veal Cheek with Rosemary Jus Served with Mahsed Celeriac and Grilled Baby Carrot
Braised Duck and Taro Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables and Mashed Potato Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta and Prosciutto Served with Rosmary-Mashed Potato and Mixed Vegetables
Cucumber Stuffed Prawn with Dry Scallops Egg White Fried Rice and Broccoli
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
Any suggestions on what to choose for my mother's upcoming ORD-TPE flight? I think she's enjoyed lobster onboard before but I'm not sure how it was prepared. I've read rave reviews for the noodle soup but I don't think she'd go for that on a plane. I'm leaning towards the lobsters - the one with cashew nuts seems like a regular onboard selection while the gratinated lobster needs to be prebooked. Thank you for any insight!

Braised Beef Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Lobster with Cashew Nuts and Braised Pork Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Chicken Roulade Served with Coconut Curry Soba Noodles and Assorted Vegetables
Braised Veal Cheek with Rosemary Jus Served with Mahsed Celeriac and Grilled Baby Carrot
Braised Duck and Taro Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables and Mashed Potato
Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta and Prosciutto Served with Rosmary-Mashed Potato and Mixed Vegetables
Cucumber Stuffed Prawn with Dry Scallops Egg White Fried Rice and Broccoli
I've had #2 and #5. Both were good. Not sure about how good the beef noodle exUS is (and I'm not the fan of Din Tai Fung beef noodle, too much tendon), and for #6 I usually like BR's lobster and potato so that should be good too. If your mother usually enjoys lobster, I'd go for #6.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:31 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Following up as promised with some photos of my Oriental vegetarian meals from my recent flights! I flew SIN-TPE-SFO on June 28th, after having done VIE-TPE-BNE in January (pictures upthread). Once again, everything was absolutely delicious. Other airlines could learn a thing or two from EVA about good vegetarian catering! EVA and Emirates are currently my top picks for good vegetarian catering in the sky

The first three photos are from the SIN-TPE flight:

And these are from the TPE-SFO flight:

(Notice the soup sliding off the dishÖit was very bumpy! But Iím proud to say, all of that soup made it into my mouth instead of all over my clothes )

This main course was the highlight of the day!

This dessert was the only thing I found slightly disappointing in terms of presentation, but the red bean ďjellyĒ was very tasty. Just wish theyíd given me more than two tiny pieces of that and fewer dried apricots!

I love EVAís vegetarian congee meals. Had this beautiful spread before landing at SFO at 16:40.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I've had #2 and #5. Both were good. Not sure about how good the beef noodle exUS is (and I'm not the fan of Din Tai Fung beef noodle, too much tendon), and for #6 I usually like BR's lobster and potato so that should be good too. If your mother usually enjoys lobster, I'd go for #6.
thank you so much for your help! selected the gratinated lobster per your suggestion a pre ordered meal should be more special than the regular onboard options anyways mom is very opinionated these days but hopefully she enjoys it!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
thank you so much for your help! selected the gratinated lobster per your suggestion a pre ordered meal should be more special than the regular onboard options anyways mom is very opinionated these days but hopefully she enjoys it!
Please report back your mother's experience! We are flying this flight out in a month, thank you!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I had the lamb on my trip TPE-LAX last month. Quite tasty.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:02 am

are you able to ask for seconds on EVA J like on ANA?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.