Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:53 pm

I've never seen a desert trolley, they always just bring me something. My long haul flight is SEA-TPE and back on the 787. Both flights are overnight flights, is the trolley for daytime flights only?
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:18 pm

Programs: BR Gold/*G, Ascott Gold
I don't fly EVA's daytime or early evening LONG HAUL flights (when I say early evening flights, I mean examples like BR12, BR18, BR32, BR36, etc) a lot, but I believe the dessert trolley is normally only operated on the daytime or early evening LONG HAUL flights.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:26 am

Which long haul flights serve Dinsigny butter? Wondering if theres a pattern
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by erics2356
Which long haul flights serve Dinsigny butter? Wondering if theres a pattern
BR67 to LHR certainly does (on both legs, ie, it is also served on the shorter TPE-BKK segment). I think it's a really nice touch from EVA as it is just so good! (not to mention the small Valrohna dark chocolate they pass out too).

erics2356 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ihyilyijclwy
Any recommendations for TPE-YVR (April) dinner below?

Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Din Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soul (412kcal) with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Braised Pork with Taro in Soy Sauce Savoury Rice with Chopped Bok Choy (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (695kcal)
  • Seared Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter Clam Sauce Creamy Spaghetti (655kcal)
  • * Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce, Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
  • * Roasted Pork Spareribs in Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
  • * Rack of Lamb with Lime Herb Crust in Rosemary Sauce, Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
  • * Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel, Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
  • * Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and Potatoes (476kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tans Braised Beef Brisket with Sesame Noodles (572kcal)
Refreshing Meal:
  • Noodle Soup with Fried Pork Spare Ribs and White Gourd (538kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Side Dishes, Shrimp Cheung Fun, Stir Fried Maitake Mushroom and Chicken
  • Spinach and Chicken Sausage Quiche with Parsley Potatoes (462kcal)
For the first meal, the steamed Chilean sea bass with chopped chili paste is a fan favorite. I had it myself a few months ago and enjoyed it.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:38 pm

Which long haul flights serve D’insigny butter? Wondering if there’s a pattern
It's definitely served on TPE-LAX flights as well...

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Can Japanese meals be ordered on longhaul flights leaving TPE to Europe?

Seen some youtubers order japanese kaiseki meals but dont really see the option posted here.

Thanks
These posts from EVA Air in Dec 2023 on IG clarify things:

This Autumn, Chef Nakamura is serving up a seasonal Kyokaiseki cuisine in Royal Laurel and Premium Laurel Class on flights from Taipei to Osaka, Tokyo (BR196), Paris, Munich, and San Francisco (BR028).

Indulge in the exquisite flavors of Sea Urchin Glazed Sea Bass, the delightful pairing of Eggplant with Miso Sauce, and the zesty goodness of Lemon Flavored Simmered Sweet Potatoes. Elevate your inflight dining experience with us.

Renowned Chef Nakamura crafts a culinary masterpiece featuring seasonal Kyokaiseki cuisine on flights from Taipei to Osaka, Tokyo (BR196), Paris, Munich, and San Francisco (BR028). Indulge in a symphony of flavors at 30,000 feet
https://www.instagram.com/evaairus/p/C02KEwmPsWX/
https://www.instagram.com/evaairus/p/C07n2h1skJ7/
https://www.evaair.com/en-global/fly...starred-chefs/

So looks like it can be ordered on TPE-KIX, TPE-NRT, TPE-CDG, TPE-MUC, TPE-SFO flights only. I wish they offered it on my routes, and especially TPE-LAX!!!! This article on BR flights SIN-TPE-LAX mentions the collaboration with Nakamura, but of course it's not available on those flights:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Artic...s_angeles.html
HawaiiO and erics2356 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
For the first meal, the steamed Chilean sea bass with chopped chili paste is a fan favorite. I had it myself a few months ago and enjoyed it.
Besides the Chilean sea bass with chopped chili, any other good choices?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:56 pm

Besides the Chilean sea bass with chopped chili, any other good choices?
I personally like the Tans braised beef brisket. Noodles were a bit soft and moushy though, but the beef tasted soft and melted in my mouth.
erics2356 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Is it a dry or soup noodle dish?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:25 pm

Dry noodle dish.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:00 pm

This is the menu for TPE-SFO. I'm leaning towards the Japanese, anything else that would be better?
  • Braised Pork with Taro in Soy Sauce Savoury Rice with Chopped Bok Choy (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (695kcal)
  • Din Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soup (412kcal) with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Created by Chef Motokazu Nakamura-Prawn Dumpling Accompany with Turnip Cake Served with Ginger Flavoured Sauce Atop (278kcal)
Online Exclusive
  • Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)
  • Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and Potatoes (476kcal)
  • Grilled USA Prime Beef Fillet in Port Sauce, Duchesse Potatoes with Beetroot and Turmeric (554kcal)
  • Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tans Braised Beef Brisket with Sesame Noodles (572kcal)
  • Roasted Pork Spareribs in Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
  • Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel, Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
  • Rack of Lamb with Lime Herb Crust in Rosemary Sauce, Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
  • Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce, Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Jm0115
please report and take pics!
lamb was okay, little dry and over cooked but the sauce saved it. My partner didnt take pics of their food but liked the chicken and miso cod.

Garlic bread and accompanying butter and oil + vinegar

Starter

The lamb

This was the mango cake dessert and probably my favorite thing from the whole meal
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:22 am

sorry dont know what happened there that made it post 3 times

Last edited by j_bird; Apr 13, 2024 at 7:23 am Reason: Some how triple posted
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ihyilyijclwy
Any recommendations for TPE-YVR (April) dinner below?
Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tans Braised Beef Brisket with Sesame Noodles (572kcal)
Has anyone tried this (譚府貴妃牛腩拌芝麻麵 and 譚府竹笙金華鮑湯)?

It was featured on the recent updated menu (長榮航空迎春新菜單 米其林名廚饗宴等您來體驗 - 長榮航空 | 台灣 Taiwan (繁體中文) (evaair.com), doesn't seem to have an English version). It is supposed to be available on TPE-LAX/SFO/SIN, but for some reason it is also available on TPE-SEA and I'm kinda intrigued to give it a try instead of my go-to chili seabass.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Grilled Prime Beef Ribs with Demi Thyme Sauce and Mashed Potatoes (690 kcal)

Five Spice Duck Served with Assorted Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles (578 kcal)

Garlic Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb with Porcini Red Wine Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Creamy Polenta (551 kcal)

Out of these 3 any reccommendations?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.