Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:05 am

Flying on BR17 SFO to TPE here coming up in early April, curious what might be my best option. Everything with * is order ahead only:
  • Grilled U.S. Prime Beef with Rosemary Balsamic Sauce and Polenta (719 kcal)
  • Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup with Traditional Delicatessens (462 kcal)
  • Stir Fried Chicken with Macadamia Nuts and Braised Miso Cod Served with Egg Fried Rice (631 kcal)
  • Grilled Halibut Served with Basil Pistou (401 kcal)*
  • Stir Fried Beef with assorted Mushrooms in Satay Sauce Serviced with Egg Fried Rice (582 kcal)*
  • Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Quinoa Rice (453 kcal)*
  • Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chop with Salsa Verde served with Mashed Potatoes (437 kcal)*
  • Grilled Thyme Lamb Chop with mustard Cream Sauce served with Fava Bean Puree and Potatoes (711 kcal)*
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by DFW1003
Agreed! I'm curious to try the duck, but I'm not sure if it will reheat well? Anyone tried the duck?
The taro crispy duck? I've had it a few times on TPE-CGK back in the days and really liked it. It was actually crispy! Not sure if it is the same version though.

Originally Posted by j_bird
Flying on BR17 SFO to TPE here coming up in early April, curious what might be my best option. Everything with * is order ahead only:
  • Stir Fried Chicken with Macadamia Nuts and Braised Miso Cod Served with Egg Fried Rice (631 kcal)
  • Stir Fried Beef with assorted Mushrooms in Satay Sauce Serviced with Egg Fried Rice (582 kcal)*
  • Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chop with Salsa Verde served with Mashed Potatoes (437 kcal)*
  • Grilled Thyme Lamb Chop with mustard Cream Sauce served with Fava Bean Puree and Potatoes (711 kcal)*
Can't go wrong with lobsters or lambs on BR
Jm0115 and DFW1003 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:32 am

[QUOTE=ithinkurdumb;36095571]The taro crispy duck? I've had it a few times on TPE-CGK back in the days and really liked it. It was actually crispy! Not sure if it is the same version though.

It does say Crispy Duck with Taro, so I will give it a try!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:34 am

Those were the ones I was leaning towards. I'll make my partner pick one and I'll take the other.
ithinkurdumb and Jm0115 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:48 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Meal choices for BR68 LHR-BKK-TPE.

Jm0115 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:18 pm

Kids meal options

First long haul biz flight with kids (7and 11). I think they would both eat the chicken but curious if anyone has experience with kids meals on EVA? Leaning toward lobster for myself but very open to suggestions
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MXP-TPE (BR096) early April
Lunch
  • Grilled Lamb Cutlet with Rosemary Sauce Served with Ratatouille and Grilled Polenta (665kcal)
  • Pan Fried Chicken Supreme with Herbs and Chilli Crust Served with Potato Gratin (542kcal)
  • Steamed Cod with Five Flavoured Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Beans (424kcal)
Online Exclusive Meals
  • Braised Pork Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fired Rice (869kcal)
  • Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Sauce Served with Vermicelli Noodles and Steamed Rice with Fregola (390kcal)
  • Seared Beef Entrecote with Herb Crust Served with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (509kcal)
Breakfast
  • Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Chinese Poached Eggs and Roasted Chicken with Superior Soy Sauce
  • Omelette with Tomato and Mozzarella Served with Veal Sausage and Sauteed Mushroom (467kcal)
  • Bread and Butter Pudding (489kcal)

TPE-HKG (BR867) early April
Light Meal
  • Roasted Chicken with Orange Sauce and Egg Fried Rice(Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (570kcal)
  • Pan Fried Sea Bass with Garlic Flavoured Creamy Clam Sauce and Buttered Potatoes (400kcal)
Thinking of going for the Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Sauce as main on MXP-TPE. Might go for the bread and butter pudding for breakfast.

On TPE-HKG, I quite like sea bass. However, I am not a fan of creamy sauces with fish and I also assume that Eva will do Asian dishes better than Western ones, so thinking of going for the chicken instead.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
BR 17 Leaves Midnight SFO-TPE Supper

What would you choose for supper? Stir Fried Lobster looks like a good choice to me.
Attached Images  
ihyilyijclwy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:29 am

I guess I posted the same menu. Flyiing BR17 April 19. I am thinking of the Stir Fried Lobster. Hope others out there can comment on it.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:24 pm

I ended up ordering the Lamb and my partner is getting the stir fried chicken and braised miso cod. I won't be able to speak for the lobster but I'll let you know how the Lamb is before your flight.
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:55 pm

I ended up ordering the Lamb and my partner is getting the stir fried chicken and braised miso cod. I won't be able to speak for the lobster but I'll let you know how the Lamb is before your flight.
please report and take pics!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:49 pm

Nothing exciting for HKG - TPE April:
  • Pan Fried Pork with Calamondin Brown Sauce and Gratin Potatoes (430kcal)
  • Shrimp Coated with Shrimp Mousse in Superior Sauce and Cantonese Fried Noodle (415kcal)
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:50 pm

Any recommendations for TPE-YVR (April) dinner below?

Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Din Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soul (412kcal) with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Braised Pork with Taro in Soy Sauce Savoury Rice with Chopped Bok Choy (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (695kcal)
  • Seared Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter Clam Sauce Creamy Spaghetti (655kcal)
  • * Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce, Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
  • * Roasted Pork Spareribs in Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
  • * Rack of Lamb with Lime Herb Crust in Rosemary Sauce, Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
  • * Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel, Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
  • * Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and Potatoes (476kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tans Braised Beef Brisket with Sesame Noodles (572kcal)
Refreshing Meal:
  • Noodle Soup with Fried Pork Spare Ribs and White Gourd (538kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Side Dishes, Shrimp Cheung Fun, Stir Fried Maitake Mushroom and Chicken
  • Spinach and Chicken Sausage Quiche with Parsley Potatoes (462kcal)

Last edited by ihyilyijclwy; Mar 29, 2024 at 5:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:30 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Some pics from BR67

First leg TPE-BKK
Starter: Smoked Salmon and Herbed Scallop Terrine
Main: Pork Belly and Preserved Vegetable (a Hakka classic )

Dessert: Tiramisu

Second leg BKK-LHR
Amuse Bouche: Duck Foie Gras with Tamarind and Grilled Scallop

​​​​​​

Starter: Poached Lobster, black truffle, asparagus

Soup: Corn Chowder, grissini

Salad course with Thai vinaigrette

Main: Beef Cheek, Red wine sauce, Mashed potatoes

Dessert/Cheese

Dessert Trolley:

And last but not least...final meal before landing at LHR is breakfast for some reason despite the 730pm-ish arrival.
Nevertheless, EVA Congee is always appreciated.

​​​​​​
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by ihyilyijclwy
Any recommendations for TPE-YVR (April) dinner below?

Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Din Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soul (412kcal) with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Braised Pork with Taro in Soy Sauce Savoury Rice with Chopped Bok Choy (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (695kcal)
  • Seared Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Butter Clam Sauce Creamy Spaghetti (655kcal)
  • * Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce, Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
  • * Roasted Pork Spareribs in Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
  • * Rack of Lamb with Lime Herb Crust in Rosemary Sauce, Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
  • * Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel, Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
  • * Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and Potatoes (476kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)
  • * Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Tans Braised Beef Brisket with Sesame Noodles (572kcal)
Refreshing Meal:
  • Noodle Soup with Fried Pork Spare Ribs and White Gourd (538kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Side Dishes, Shrimp Cheung Fun, Stir Fried Maitake Mushroom and Chicken
  • Spinach and Chicken Sausage Quiche with Parsley Potatoes (462kcal)
If it is the same as in the regular Din Tai Fung restaurant, braised beef noodle soup is good. That is if you are wanting Chinese food/noodles.

too bad my upcoming TPE-YYZ does not offer it, or I would order it.
Jm0115 and ihyilyijclwy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.