Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:57 am

Looks like they've adjusted the champagne, at least for Jan. According to online menu, JFK, SFO, LAX and MUC now receive LPGS while remaining flights receive the Duval Leroy
Jm0115 and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Looks like they've adjusted the champagne, at least for Jan. According to online menu, JFK, SFO, LAX and MUC now receive LPGS while remaining flights receive the Duval Leroy
looking forward to it out of SFO!
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Strange, because the on board menu's from Januari to March still states "JFK and CDG".
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
Strange, because the on board menu's from Januari to March still states "JFK and CDG".
what was it on your flight?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
what was it on your flight?
Having a flight later this month (CDG-TPE), but was referring to the onboarding menu as presented by Carfield on the LAX Flight.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
LPGS was served on BR8 today.

The other food was fairly disappointing. Appetizers from the Celebrity Chefs Banquet were good but the braised beef brisket was as tough as beef jerky. Also I wanted the noodle soup for breakfast but they did not have enough so I was not allocated one. I was stuck with Congee, which is .. congee, not much that can be said about it.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:24 pm

Anyone have the "Lobster Claw and Tail with Cannelloni" option? Is that served with a tomato sauce (like cannelloni often is)? (Asking because I have to avoid eating tomatoes unfortunately...)
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:40 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Tpe>bne jan 24

I am so disappointed that the Chinese banquet menu is not offered on flights to Australia. I assume it is because of the shorter (8hr 50min) flight time. I really wanted to try the double boiled abalone soup in previous menus posted on this thread served on flights to the US. The menu choices (this and the online options) don't excite me at all. The name Probiotic Pork is enough to put you off pork for the rest of your life.
​​​​​​​
Carfield likes this.

Last edited by Strawb; Jan 14, 2024 at 6:05 pm
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Strawb
The name Probiotic Pork is enough to put you off pork for the rest of your life.
Its a funny name but its basically pigs raised with probiotics in their food. The menu does look pretty meh.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:34 pm

Does anyone have the menu for BR 206, BKK to TPE? I'm taking it in March and connecting to BR 008 to SFO.

I have to agree about the Menu for BR 008 being rather meh. Does anyone know what the online exclusive options are? I know it will probably change, but I'd like to get an idea of what is generally available.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Eastward Bound
Does anyone have the menu for BR 206, BKK to TPE? I'm taking it in March and connecting to BR 008 to SFO.

I have to agree about the Menu for BR 008 being rather meh. Does anyone know what the online exclusive options are? I know it will probably change, but I'd like to get an idea of what is generally available.
Go up to post #208 and someone has posted the full online exclusive meals from TPE!

These are full online exclusive menus for my December flight BR 56 to ORD, and I believe that the selections are more or less the same for the past few months. Many of these dishes started even before Covid.

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes (695 kcal)

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Gingko Nut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436 kcal)

Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang
Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables Served with Steamed Rice (741 kcal)

Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578 kcal)

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes (683 kcal)

Created by Chef Paul Lee
Braised Beef Cheek Fermented Black Beans Puree Nest Fern (358 kcal)

Sauted Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
(542 kcal)

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Gingko Nut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436 kcal)

Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang
Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multigrain Rice (679 kcal)

Carfield
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Flew BR71 to MUC last week and can confirm that LPGS was indeed served. Also, Johnnie Walker Blue Label has replaced Royal Salute 21. This was the case on both LHR-BKK-TPE and TPE-MUC. All great flights!
bpk6h and Jm0115 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:19 pm

Blue label was served from TPE to YYZ last Dec.. hope the same again in Mar/Apr going the same route again.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:32 am

BR 75 TPE-BKK February 2024

February 2024
EVA Airways Royal Laurel Class
BR 75 Taipei Taoyuan to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Departure time: 8:05am
Arrival time: 11:05am

Breakfast
Sky Gourmet
Coffee/Tea

Chinese style
Congee
Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal)

Delicatessens
Preserved Sun-Dried Turnip Egg Patty
Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom and Green Beans with Asian Spiced Salt

Traditional Side Dishes

Fruit

Western Style
Fruit

From the Bakery
Assorted Bread with Butter
Created by Peng-Chieh Wang, the world master baker

Yogurt Muesli

Main Course
Cajun Chicken Thigh with Pesto Penne Pasta and Vegetables (525kcal)

Royal Laurel Special
Main Course
Ding Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soup (412kcal)
Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Fruit

Wine & Beverage
[January to March 2024]
Champagne
2007/2008 Duval-Leroy Clos Des Bouveries

*Laurent-Perrier Grand Sicle, N.V.
Served for New York and Paris flights

French White Wine
2017 Chateau Chantegrive Cuvee Caroline, Graves, Bordeaux, France
2021 Jean Bircher & Fils Gewurztraminer, Alsace, France

French Red Wine
2014/2015 Crozes-Hermitage, Domaine de Thalabert, Paul Jaboulet Aine, Rhone, France

Australian Red Wine
2018/2021 Boxing Bay Shiraz Cabernet, Kangaroo Island, Australia

Fortified Wine
Cuesta Fino Sherry
Taylors LBV Port

PS. Since flight continues to Amsterdam, this flight features non-premium long-haul wine list, not the regional wine list typically served on other Taipei to Bangkok flights. I presume all alcoholic beverages for the onward and return flights are boarded in Taipei so thats why these Taipei to Bangkok tag flights get a slight upgrade on their wine selections.
HawaiiO and JOnion like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Br382 sgn-tpe 27jan

Ordered the Seafood Special Meal. Main course was egg noodles, greens and mixed seafood with tomato in a really bland sauce. Didn't enjoy it.
JOnion likes this.

Last edited by Strawb; Feb 12, 2024 at 5:29 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.