Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:57 am

SHA - TSA

Is the miso cod better than the lamb?
Light Meal

Stir Fried Seafood in Sweet and Sour Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Assorted Vegetables (560kcal)

Pan Fried Chicken Thigh in Demi Glace with Mixed Mushroom Sauce Served with Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables (400kcal)

Stir Fried Beef with Mushroom in Black Pepper Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Assorted Vegetables (439kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
Steamed Cod in Miso Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Mushrooms and Assorted Vegetables

Online Exclusive Meals
Roasted Lamb in Garlic Sauce Served with Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
BKK-AMS October 10, 2023

Duck Foie Gras Terrine and smoked salmon roll with crabmeat

Carrot cream soup

Poached lobster with cream champignon mushroom sauce (meal was very good although the sauce could have been more abundant)

Fruits and desserts trolley ( I had the blackcurrant cake and ice cream)

Deep fried Crabmeat (anytime snacks) was very good.

Baked tiger prawn, smoked duck

Black ink ravioli stuffed with spinach & ricotta cheese was average.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Early november menu for TPE-BKK-VIE

Any suggestion ? I plan to take the food with the star (even if I don't like much fat food like pork belly) unless something else special to try ?
(I like any kind of food, european/asian is fine)

Supper (TPE-BKK)

1) Braised Chicken with Taro and Coconut Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (471kcal)

2) Steamed Halibut with Tie-Guanyin Tea Served with Assorted Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles (397kcal)

3) Pan Fried Beef Fillet with Cafe de Paris Butter in Red Wine Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Polenta (461kcal)

or

Online Exclusive Meals :

A) Seafood Gratin with Mornay Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetable and Linguine Pasta (370kcal)

B) Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos with Kalamata Olives(381kcal)

*C) Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable Served with Steamed Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (741kcal)

D) Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles (430kcal)

Refreshment (BKK-VIE)

1) Roasted Chicken Breast Stuffed with Parmesan Cheese with Brown Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes (335kcal)

2) Seared Duck Breast with Red Wine Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes (443kcal)

3) Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic in Superior Soya Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Noodles with Vegetables (567kcal)

or

Online Exclusive Meals :

A) Grilled Sous Vide Beef Fillet with Mustard Cream Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Spaetzle(548kcal)

B) Baked Chicken Breast Stuffed with Cheddar Cheese and Caramelized Onion with Coriander Tomato Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Pasta Orzo (567kcal)

C) Baked Chilean Sea Bass with Parsley Butter Lemon Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Linguini (613kcal)

D) Duck with Red Curry Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice (667kcal)

*E) Poached Lobster with Cream Champignon Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Lemon Risotto (494kcal)

Breakfast

*1) Blue Cheese Tomato Quiche (298kcal)

2) Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Pan Fried Egg with Prawn and Stir Fried Chayote Shoot with Fermented Soybean

3) Mushroom Omelette Served with Chicken Sausage and Potatoes (443kcal)
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: EB
For TPE-BKK, I'd go for 2), 3), C or D.

For BKK-VIE; I just had E) which was lovely, but had C) earlier this summer which was also good.

For breakfast I've had both congee and omelette, not a big fan of those, so maybe just get one of the snacks instead.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:12 pm

NRT-TPE

Hi, I just had a quick question regarding NRT-TPE flight:

If I order an online exclusive meal, do I still get the choice to select which sky gourmet cuisine it comes with? (Japanese/Western/Chinese)

Thanks

Menu Selection
Noodles with House Special Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons (360kcal) Served with House Steamed Beef Soup
Braised Chicken Fond de Veau Sauce with Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (Abedori Chicken) (341kcal)
Poached Pork with Grated Daikon Radish and Ponzu Sauce (Kagoshima Berkshire Pork) (330kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals:
*Sauteed Lamb Rack Persillade with Herb Tomato Sauce Served with Olive Polenta (455kcal)
*Beef Steak and Assorted Vegetables with Horseradish Sauce Served with Mashed Potato (295kcal)
*Grilled Chicken with Coconut Curry Sauce Served with Mashed Potatoes (442kcal)
*Yellowtail Steak with Grated Apple Sauce (213kcal)

Last edited by ac1992; Oct 20, 2023 at 9:17 pm
Old Oct 21, 2023, 6:14 pm

LAX-TPE, BKK-TPE, TPE-LAX Oct/Nov

LAX-TPE

Supper:
Roasted Duck Noodle Soup(553 kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessen
Pan Seared USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Coffee Cream Mushrooms Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Potato (840 kcal)
Steamed Chilean Sea Bass Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (700 kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals:
Braised Pork with Preserved Vegetable Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice (908kcal)
Lobster Nage En Papillote Served with Butter Sauce Spring Vegetables (335 kcal) *
Mushroom Crusted Halibut with Red Verjus Grape Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Parsnip Puree (417 kcal)
Pan Seared Waguy Beef Ribeye with Port Wine Sauce Served with Vegetables and Duck Fat Potato Pave (789 kcal)
Braised Abalone and Sea Cucumber Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice (362 kcal)

Breakfast:
Egg Benedict and Monte Cristo Sandwich (733 kcal)
Taiwanese Style Congee (171 kcal) Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Three Color Egg and Braised Lion Head with Cabbage
White Chocolate Croissant Pudding with Assorted Berries and Vanilla Sauce (724 kcal) *

======

TPE-BKK

Breakfast:
Din Tai Fung Braised Beef Noodle Soup (412kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens *
Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Soybean, Shredded Chicken with Asparagus and Capsicums
Pan Seared Shrimp Served with Mushroom Ravioli in Creamy Truffle Sauce and Polenta (405kcal)

=====

TPE-LAX

Supper:
Din Tai Fung Noodles with House Special Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons (360kcal) and House Steamed Chicken Soup
Created by Chef Paul Lee - Mole Stewed Beef Short Rib, Parsnip , Gnocchi (437kcal)
Deep Fried Chilean Sea Bass with Tea and Spice Crust Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice)(633kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals:
Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal) *
Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables (542kcal)
Created by Chef Paul Lee - Braised Beef Cheek Fermented Black Beans Potato Puree Nest Fern (358kcal)
Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang -Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable Served with Steamed Rice (741kcal)
Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)

Refreshing Meal:
Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Char Siu Cheung Fun, Purple Yam and Asparagus with Assorted Vegetable
Double Boiled Beef Brisket and Tendon Noodle Soup (505kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens *
Red Quinoa and Vegetable Quiche Served with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Red Skin Potatoes (567kcal)

Based on some comments on this thread, picking the ones with asterisks. Any other suggestions that might be better?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:50 am

BR 872 HKG-TPE September 2023

September 2023
EVA Air Business Class
BR 872 Hong Kong to Taipei

Light Meal

Pan Fried Pork with Whisky and Calamondin Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Gratin Potatoes (430 kcal)
Or
Shrimp Coated with Shrimp Mousse in Superior Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Cantonese Fried Noodle (415 kcal)

Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Passionfruit Cheesecake

Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
BR271 TPE-MNL 0910 departure - breakfast or lunch?

I'm debating whether to pay the (very modest) fare difference for business class on TPE-MNL early in the new year (I'm convinced, but my partner is less so). A likely deciding factor is whether BR271 (which departs TPE at 9:10am and arrives in MNL at 11:45am) is catered as a breakfast flight or lunch? I'm generally not a big fan of airline breakfasts so I'm kinda hoping it's lunch.

Also, does anyone happen to know whether Castelnau vintage is still the champagne served on regional routes in J?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I'm debating whether to pay the (very modest) fare difference for business class on TPE-MNL early in the new year (I'm convinced, but my partner is less so). A likely deciding factor is whether BR271 (which departs TPE at 9:10am and arrives in MNL at 11:45am) is catered as a breakfast flight or lunch? I'm generally not a big fan of airline breakfasts so I'm kinda hoping it's lunch.

Also, does anyone happen to know whether Castelnau vintage is still the champagne served on regional routes in J?

Thanks!
You can check the menu on https://www.evaair.com/en-us/fly-pre...erages/e-menu/ with your booking reference to look at the economy menu and determine whether breakfast or lunch is served on the particular flight.

In my experience, I have always been served lunch on early morning intra-Asia routes pre-pandemic; haven't taken one of these flights since though.

I have had the Taiwanese breakfast dozens of times on EVA's long haul and it's always blown any other airline breakfast out of the water so I would not use breakfast on other airlines as a benchmark.
Stratoliner777 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone tried the lobster nage en papillote? Is it worthwhile, or just a tiny portion of lobster meat?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has anyone tried the lobster nage en papillote? Is it worthwhile, or just a tiny portion of lobster meat?
It's pretty tasty in my opinion, but as you suspected the portion is rather small.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 5:52 am

Lamb

Originally Posted by Colonelsmoke
Is the miso cod better than the lamb?
Light Meal

Stir Fried Seafood in Sweet and Sour Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Assorted Vegetables (560kcal)

Pan Fried Chicken Thigh in Demi Glace with Mixed Mushroom Sauce Served with Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables (400kcal)

Stir Fried Beef with Mushroom in Black Pepper Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Assorted Vegetables (439kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
Steamed Cod in Miso Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Mushrooms and Assorted Vegetables

Online Exclusive Meals
Roasted Lamb in Garlic Sauce Served with Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

Forgot to take a picture of the garlic bread. One piece was mostly fat.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Two of us flew BR LSXTPE last night, one on BR11 and one on BR15. Both of us were struck by the change in catering since our last flight pre virus.

The portions have shrunk in a major way, and while I was hoping my wagyu beef would look and taste like this absolutely mind blowingly dish (pictured) from JAL last year, what I ended up with on BR11 was a flat, dry tasteless hockey puck while the other half on BR15 was given a a filet style that was impossible to cut with the knife provided.

The midnight meal no longer includes the famous burger and fries, so I didnt bother trying. I was given a bowl of cereal with breakfast that was 2-3 tablespoons at best.

Ill upload photos when Im back on WiFi. Service was excellent and while the champagne was downgraded significantly, it was still delicious although I was disappointed there is no sake offered on this route.

JAL wagyu beef steak

The sad EVA wagyu beef in comparison
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:17 pm

Updating with photos of the complete experience

Carfield and nexus7556 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Updating with photos of the complete experience

Thankfully they finally bring back the printed menus and wine lists!
Do you have to request them or are they automatically given out now?

Thanks
Adrian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.