Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Possible to redeem miles for someone else from my account?

Possible to redeem miles for someone else from my account?

Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cheukiecfu
This seems to be incorrect. I am trying to redeem an award for myself and my daughter.
I have sufficient miles to cover both tickets. My daughter's account has 0 miles.
The site just won't let me book the tickets.

The ticket costs 17.5k each, 35k total
Ah, you can ticket from your account, but the miles need to be in their account.
cheukiecfu likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I've activated the online nominee function successfully and added my grandma successfully as well (created a BR account for her).

To clarify, I now need to transfer the miles to her account in order to use my miles to book for her? These miles were transferred from my own Citi Thank You account, if that matters.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Bumping this - any idea what "signature of deputy" means? Asking as there is the mention of the applicant age 2 to 12 above, so I'm not sure if it's to be signed by a 'witness' or if I leave it blank except in certain circumstances (e.g. if I was applying for a child).
The Chinese form says 監護人簽名 which means Guardian Signature. However, as you pointed out, it also says "若申請人為2-12歲會員,則簽名欄位需為其監護人的簽名" on the Chinese form and "If the applicant is aged 2 to 12, the guardian needs to sign the signature column" on the English form.

My guess is that:

1 - if > 12, just sign the member's name in the first signature line
2 - if 2 - 12, guardian's signature in both lines
Old Dec 30, 2023, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
I've activated the online nominee function successfully and added my grandma successfully as well (created a BR account for her).

To clarify, I now need to transfer the miles to her account in order to use my miles to book for her? These miles were transferred from my own Citi Thank You account, if that matters.
In the online form,
Is the applicant name the family member and member number their number? Or is it my name and member number?

Who is the deputy?Applicant(Please write in block letter)

Member No.:

Name:
Signature of applicant : (same as passport)

Signature of deputy :
Date of Apply : MonthDayYear
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:57 pm

When I did this last year, I just left 'Signature of Deputy' blank. If I had to guess, it is where the required guardian would sign for an applicant (ages 2-12).
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:45 pm

I sent the online service form (leaving the deputy section blank) to [email protected] and got a response in 48 hours. The response was:

In order to ensure the safety of members' rights and personal information, we have received the latest notice from the member business management department, please take the Evergreen/UNI AIR international flight segment and have mileage accumulation, and then apply for network activation, thank you! If you have any questions, please call the Taiwan or local reservation hotline.

Does this mean that I can't get approved for online service if I've never flown with EVA? I currently have 1,000 miles in my account from when I signed up..
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by tisme1
I sent the online service form (leaving the deputy section blank) to [email protected] and got a response in 48 hours. The response was:

In order to ensure the safety of members' rights and personal information, we have received the latest notice from the member business management department, please take the Evergreen/UNI AIR international flight segment and have mileage accumulation, and then apply for network activation, thank you! If you have any questions, please call the Taiwan or local reservation hotline.

Does this mean that I can't get approved for online service if I've never flown with EVA? I currently have 1,000 miles in my account from when I signed up..
Probably some misunderstanding unless they have some unpublished rule, otherwise the relevant rule is:
It is not applicable to apply for the online service function if the member hasonly earned Award miles from joining online or filling in completed data in the account.
So you will be able to apply for online service after crediting one *A or B7 flight.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Probably some misunderstanding unless they have some unpublished rule, otherwise the relevant rule is:

So you will be able to apply for online service after crediting one *A or B7 flight.
Thank you for your reply!

I actually ended up calling the number listed in the email and they told me that I didn't have any miles (besides the miles I received when I signed up) so there is no need to activate online service since I didn't have any miles to book award flights anyway. I let the rep know that I had planned to transfer miles from my bank but that I wanted to activate online service first so that I would be able to book a flight for my SO as well. He put me on hold while he consulted with someone and then told me to take a picture of my passport and take a selfie and email it to him. After that he was able to activate online service for me.

It's not clear if they would have automatically activated online service upon receiving the completed form if I had already transferred some miles over from my bank beforehand. At that point, I was just relieved that the rep was able to help me get it done so quickly.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:47 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by tisme1
Thank you for your reply!

I actually ended up calling the number listed in the email and they told me that I didn't have any miles (besides the miles I received when I signed up) so there is no need to activate online service since I didn't have any miles to book award flights anyway. I let the rep know that I had planned to transfer miles from my bank but that I wanted to activate online service first so that I would be able to book a flight for my SO as well. He put me on hold while he consulted with someone and then told me to take a picture of my passport and take a selfie and email it to him. After that he was able to activate online service for me.

It's not clear if they would have automatically activated online service upon receiving the completed form if I had already transferred some miles over from my bank beforehand. At that point, I was just relieved that the rep was able to help me get it done so quickly.
Did you call Taiwan Customer Service number (886-0225011999) or US 800 number? I've got a similar response after emailing Online Service form "It is not applicable to apply for the online service function if the member has only earned Award miles from joining online or filling in completed data in the account"
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Did you call Taiwan Customer Service number (886-0225011999) or US 800 number? I've got a similar response after emailing Online Service form "It is not applicable to apply for the online service function if the member has only earned Award miles from joining online or filling in completed data in the account"
I called the Taiwan Customer Service number. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.