what lounge does EVA use at SFO?

Old Nov 1, 2023, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fes426
Does anyone have a link to EVA Air lounge access policy for guest?

My gf and I are both Star Alliance Gold (from UA) and are traveling business class SFO-TPE on EVA. I just found out we have friends on the same flight traveling in Economy class, will I be able to get them in the lounge? I probably know not the Polaris but whatever lounge EVA is using in Terminal A?
they use the BA lounge in Terminal A, i don't think you'd be able to bring guests since it's not a *A lounge.

when I checked in for BR7, they gave me a "ticket" to the BA lounge which was taken upon entry to the lounge
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat
For the midnight flights flights which depart out of terminal A, are the options basically Air France (which closes at 11:30pm) and Polaris (which closes at midnight now but requires going through security to get to?)
Old Nov 17, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by godbreath
For the midnight flights flights which depart out of terminal A, are the options basically Air France (which closes at 11:30pm) and Polaris (which closes at midnight now but requires going through security to get to?)
Correct. At least that was the case for when i took them Nov-11. At least this was the case for those flying business, not sure what the case is for those Star Alliance Gold which get lounge access but technically not Polaris and probably not the AF one.

We (flying business class) were given a voucher for AF lounge when boarding. We did Polaris for food then came to AF for the quietness/relax
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: BR Gold/*G
I just came back from my trip. When I was on my way to Taiwan, I was told to use the Air France lounge.

Like the previous poster, I used the Polaris lounge for food. As soon as I finished my dinner I went to the Air France lounge after. I had to pass two security layers. One to get to the G gates area to access the Polaris lounge. After I finished my meal there, I left the G gates area and then headed to the A gates area - second security. I have TSA pre so it didn't take me long to pass the security (although it was quite some walk).

I really don't know why EVA decided to park their planes at the A gates now.
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BR777
Airports charge the airlines different price based on gate locations and time slots.
BR777 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BR777
I just came back from my trip. When I was on my way to Taiwan, I was told to use the Air France lounge.

Like the previous poster, I used the Polaris lounge for food. As soon as I finished my dinner I went to the Air France lounge after. I had to pass two security layers. One to get to the G gates area to access the Polaris lounge. After I finished my meal there, I left the G gates area and then headed to the A gates area - second security. I have TSA pre so it didn't take me long to pass the security (although it was quite some walk).

Because there are no gates available at G pier at that time. Arrival is no big deal but as you saw, departure can be cumbersome. More and more *A airlines are being pushed by the airport over to the A Pier. I have seen AI, NZ, OZ use the A pier.
BR777 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Because there are no gates available at G pier at that time. Arrival is no big deal but as you saw, departure can be cumbersome. More and more *A airlines are being pushed by the airport over to the A Pier. I have seen AI, NZ, OZ use the A pier.
Probably United taking all the G gates
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:32 pm

Flying out on the late-night flights (eg. BR17/27), is it theoretically possible to check-in when the desk is open prior to the afternoon flight (eg. BR7)? Even if they're not willing to hold any checked bags, this would still allow transit through security and access to the Polaris lounge - right?
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by flayum
Flying out on the late-night flights (eg. BR17/27), is it theoretically possible to check-in when the desk is open prior to the afternoon flight (eg. BR7)? Even if they're not willing to hold any checked bags, this would still allow transit through security and access to the Polaris lounge - right?
You can try online check-in 24 hours before departure. It worked for me (US Citizen) last month but if you need a visa or something else for your trip then they may not allow you to online check-in
flayum likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My guess is UA is squeezing EVA out because UA departures probably have priority.

Eventually (2024?), one can walk the big circle between A and G.

I wonder when they designed the International Terminal, did they ever consider an A-G direct connection.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by username
I wonder when they designed the International Terminal, did they ever consider an A-G direct connection.
It was designed and built pre-9/11 back when non-travellers could still easily enter the sterile area and going through security was what Precheck now is, so most likely not.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Wow I might actually try and do this too, thanks for the idea. But does the Polaris lounge have a policy for how early passengers can enter the lounge?
flayum likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Wow I might actually try and do this too, thanks for the idea. But does the Polaris lounge have a policy for how early passengers can enter the lounge?
My understanding is that any same-day ticket should work, but that's based on others' interpretations and not the precise language on the UA website (which is ambiguous to timing).
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
My understanding is that any same-day ticket should work, but that's based on others' interpretations and not the precise language on the UA website (which is ambiguous to timing).
This matches my first-hand experience.
flayum likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:06 am
Suspended

unless you don't have any checked luggages, where are you going to leave your luggage when you go to Polaris lounge 12 hours before your flight? And what fun do you get for staying at Polaris for 12 hours? Their food are better quality than priority pass lounges, but chicken is still chicken, not caviar. Of course you can get drunk there, but you can get drunk at any priority pass lounges too.
moondog likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.