Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap (intra Asian routes)

Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap (intra Asian routes)

Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,293
Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap (intra Asian routes)

Hi guys

Flying TPE-KIX.
Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap for this kind of route?

Thank you

Best regards
LY777 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 560
Originally Posted by LY777
Hi guys

Flying TPE-KIX.
Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap for this kind of route?

Thank you

Best regards
I haven't flown this route but not afaik. I've never been equipment swapped on EVA in general including on lots of intra Asia routes. My only equipment swaps have been the newer 77W layout replacing the older 77W layout on longer routes.
BR787 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2023, 2:11 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,946
OP's "notorious for equipment swap" is called flexibility in Taiwan

On a recent east bond TPAC flight, my 777 was swapped from 3-3-3 in Y to 3-4-3 in Y... That was not a good surprise.
username is offline  
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:26 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 4,936
yes in Asia they do swap.
Davvidd is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:32 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,293
Thank you guys
LY777 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:39 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Posts: 2,868
Nowhere as bad as, say, CX regional pre-Covid. That was really equipment roulette.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 244
Is this really worth worrying about on a 3-hour flight? How much worse can your experience be on such a short flight?
SuperEWR is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:13 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,582
Originally Posted by SuperEWR
Is this really worth worrying about on a 3-hour flight? How much worse can your experience be on such a short flight?
I mean, switching from a 789 to a 321 would be a whole different seat. I wouldn't be thrilled.
JayhawkCO is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:32 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,946
EVA is not going to use a narrow body for KIX so it is really between the 330, 77W and 787.
username is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:44 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Posts: 20,269
So worst case you're getting some slant wide body business class seats of early/mid-10's vintage for a 3 hour flight? OH NOES
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:45 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So worst case you're getting some slant wide body business class seats of early/mid-10's vintage for a 3 hour flight? OH NOES
Lmao that was exactly my point, it's just 3 hours, how much of a difference can it really be? Not enough to worry about
eponymous_coward likes this.
SuperEWR is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:26 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,582
Originally Posted by SuperEWR
Lmao that was exactly my point, it's just 3 hours, how much of a difference can it really be? Not enough to worry about
People complain for far less on FT . Some people are trying to tick off different birds on different airlines. It's not just about a slightly more comfortable seat for everyone.
eponymous_coward and username like this.
JayhawkCO is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:55 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 5,149
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Nowhere as bad as, say, CX regional pre-Covid. That was really equipment roulette.
Or TG. Not sure which was worse.
dkc192 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:38 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by LY777
Hi guys

Flying TPE-KIX.
Is Eva Air notorious for equipment swap for this kind of route?

Thank you

Best regards
Long time lurker, signed up here because of equipment swap on the reverse route

A330-300 from KIX-TPE swapped to a 777-300. I wouldn't be too miffed if I were traveling alone (seat width and pitch remained the same), but since I am traveling with my wife, the 2-4-2 on the Airbus was a lot more preferable.

Too bad the ticket was purchased from a partner airline, so there might not even be a possibility of upgrading to premium economy or first class.
e_chappy is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:35 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 4,936
Originally Posted by e_chappy
Long time lurker, signed up here because of equipment swap on the reverse route

A330-300 from KIX-TPE swapped to a 777-300. I wouldn't be too miffed if I were traveling alone (seat width and pitch remained the same), but since I am traveling with my wife, the 2-4-2 on the Airbus was a lot more preferable.

Too bad the ticket was purchased from a partner airline, so there might not even be a possibility of upgrading to premium economy or first class.
They should have PE on those 777s. Just ask them early on to get a seat on the PE seats. They might give it.
Davvidd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.