Transit experience

Old Aug 7, 22, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jal Global Club
Transit experience

Hi All,
I am due to fly EVA AIR Europe to Japan next week with a 1h30 transit in Taipei. From what I read in the other feeds, it seems that you are taken directly to the gate of your next flight when in transit and not allowed to stroll in the gate area, is it still accurate ?

Also, it seems the flight departing from Europe is often delayed for more than one hour making it quite possible that I may miss the connexion. The next connecting flight being the following day, did anyone have similar experience ? Is there a transit hotel in the airport or will we most likely be taken into a longer procedure heading to a quarantine hotel downtown for the night ?

Thank you very much for your insights !
Old Aug 7, 22, 8:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Hi All,
I am due to fly EVA AIR Europe to Japan next week with a 1h30 transit in Taipei. From what I read in the other feeds, it seems that you are taken directly to the gate of your next flight when in transit and not allowed to stroll in the gate area, is it still accurate ?
Word is this is about to change and you can now roam free:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34492938-post560.html
RoninTech likes this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 8:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BR787 View Post

Thanks for posting the update here. If this holds true I will be very pleased. It seems that we are well on the return to transit normalcy at TPE. I won't be transiting TPE for a while, but I would be interested in reading other's experiences.
Old Aug 7, 22, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jal Global Club
Thank you very much for this great news BR787 !

I've just seen this in a Taiwan newspaper as well. That's good news.
Just hoping the first leg won't be delayed now
Old Aug 8, 22, 1:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

Awesome news. We fly YYC-YVR-TPE-BKK in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 14, 22, 11:30 pm

For a tentative trip in March 2023, with an 18-hour daytime layover in TPE:
  • Will there be decent lounges open, and can they be used for that long? I would be in Royal Laurel, so would have access to any open business-grade Eva lounges and those of any other Star Alliance partner. And I have Amex Plat with Plaza Premium and Priority Pass access.
  • Are foreign nationals likely to be able to leave the airport and undertake sightseeing by that time?
Old Aug 15, 22, 2:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BernardBlack View Post
For a tentative trip in March 2023, with an 18-hour daytime layover in TPE:
  • Will there be decent lounges open, and can they be used for that long? I would be in Royal Laurel, so would have access to any open business-grade Eva lounges and those of any other Star Alliance partner. And I have Amex Plat with Plaza Premium and Priority Pass access.
  • Are foreign nationals likely to be able to leave the airport and undertake sightseeing by that time?
With things changing every month, nobody is going to be able to definitively answer these question for you this far out.
ithinkurdumb and commaspace like this.
Old Aug 31, 22, 8:40 am

Showers are available again in the TPE J lounge which helped make for a good, smooth transit experience for us last weekend.
Old Sep 4, 22, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
Showers are available again in the TPE J lounge which helped make for a good, smooth transit experience for us last weekend.
Do you know if the lounge division back to

Garden: Diamond Card
Infinity: Business Class
Star: Gold Card / Star Alliance Gold

or is it still split by transit vs originating?
Old Sep 4, 22, 8:52 pm

Do you know if the lounge division back to

Garden: Diamond Card
Infinity: Business Class
Star: Gold Card / Star Alliance Gold

or is it still split by transit vs originating?
Last weekend (August 28th) transit passengers were given passes to the Infinity lounge. The others were open but we didn't try to access them as we were under the impression they wanted to keep us separate. We were free to move around the airport.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 4:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat; AS 75K; UA Gold MM; AA Exec Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Amb; Hilton Gold; National EE
Originally Posted by RoninTech View Post
Last weekend (August 28th) transit passengers were given passes to the Infinity lounge. The others were open but we didn't try to access them as we were under the impression they wanted to keep us separate. We were free to move around the airport.
How was food and beverage in the Infinity Lounge? Were showers available?
Old Sep 17, 22, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Food was still in Covid standard when I last visit late August. No shower in TPE lounges.
Showers are open now as mentioned upthreas. BR also removed the shower not operating notice from the lounges page of their website.
Old Sep 19, 22, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Yes, we were at TPE on August 28th and showers were available in the Infinity Lounge. Just what the doctor ordered after a long flight. Wife ad I both partook. Front desk lady even asked if we wanted to shower together. The wife and I....
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 2:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
CI website and airport website states there is no need for test for transit passenger if the final destination does not require it. Can anybody say it is correct from experience? Flying tomorrow VIE-TPE-LAX
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
CI website and airport website states there is no need for test for transit passenger if the final destination does not require it. Can anybody say it is correct from experience? Flying tomorrow VIE-TPE-LAX
No PCR required for TW nationals and transit passengers since July 14. BR website also doesn't list PCR as a requirement for transit passengers: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/custome...countryCode=TW
747jetter likes this.

Search this Thread