Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Has anybody been able to get award ticket since Taiwan allows transit passenger?

Has anybody been able to get award ticket since Taiwan allows transit passenger?

Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Has anybody been able to get award ticket since Taiwan allows transit passenger?

My wife was trying to get a business seat LAX-BKK on EVA using her miles for September but was put on a waiting list and I am wondering if anybody has been successful in getting an award ticket?
mikemontri is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Yes booked CDG-TPE-BNE via lifemiles yesterday.
voz102 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by mikemontri
My wife was trying to get a business seat LAX-BKK on EVA using her miles for September but was put on a waiting list and I am wondering if anybody has been successful in getting an award ticket?
Fyi, these days LAX availability when open gets booked quite quickly. There's better availability from IAH.

But to answer your question, yes lots of award tickets have been successfully booked recently.
BR787 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:26 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 226
There is just a lot of backed-up demand for business award seats. Economy and PE have lots of availability.
claimui is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:56 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
what is lifemiles?

Originally Posted by voz102
Yes booked CDG-TPE-BNE via lifemiles yesterday.
Sorry I am not familiar with lifemiles?
I went on EVA website and booked the flight but status shows waitlist.
mikemontri is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 580
Originally Posted by mikemontri
Sorry I am not familiar with lifemiles?
I went on EVA website and booked the flight but status shows waitlist.
lifemile is avianca airline's miles program. basically book any *A flights(mostly savers). its usually the best way to book *A flights.
EVA J seems to release close in. i always see some within a couple days of flight.

summer season however, saw a huge increase in flyers though so u dont see to many. I think the 6x weekly is taking a toll on that, precovid it was 21x.
not sure why they arent opening up the afternoon flight, its still flying in and out of LAX everyday. most likely Cargo though.
BuBu4 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:21 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: Marriott Platinum
Posts: 170
Yes, I booked a business seat YYZ>TPE>CGK with EVA a few weeks ago for April 2023 with my Aeroplan miles.
Norexan is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:45 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by BuBu4
not sure why they arent opening up the afternoon flight, its still flying in and out of LAX everyday. most likely Cargo though.
​​​​​
Might be waiting on Taiwan to drop quarantine and allow tourist travel. Cargo has been very profitable for EVA in the meantime.
claimui is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:31 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California, USA
Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
Posts: 77
BKK-TPE-IAH

Just booked BKK-TPE-IAH 3 days ago and flew yesterday using aeroplan. Was hoping to fly to LAX of SFO but all were booked.
On board, EVA was great!
Transit in TPE was strange... a flash back to early COVID days, escorting from the plane to the lounge, not allowed to leave the lounge to eat/shop. It appears that the locals had full airport access, however us in transit were herded like cattle. Only a two hour layover, so no worries at all.
1dream is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:33 pm
  #10  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 1,860
I was able to book through UA with my mileage plus miles from YVR TPE SIN then SQ to BKK and then return BKK TPE LAX and UA to YVR. Booked this as soon as TPE opened up to transit passengers. Cost me 175k round trip. Now for the dates in OCT the awards have almost doubled in number needed. This is all in BC except the UA flight in E

Last edited by sfo; Jul 29, 2022 at 5:38 pm
sfo is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:23 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by sfo
I was able to book through UA with my mileage plus miles from YVR TPE SIN then SQ to BKK and then return BKK TPE LAX and UA to YVR. Booked this as soon as TPE opened up to transit passengers. Cost me 175k round trip. Now for the dates in OCT the awards have almost doubled in number needed. This is all in BC except the UA flight in E
Hmn, my wife is still on waiting list LAX-TPE-BKK for September 15 on business class. She has lots of miles with EVA.
I think I may need to call the reservation in LA and see if they can shed some light on the availability. Many people seems to thing that J class is very very limited availability.
mikemontri is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:44 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by mikemontri
Hmn, my wife is still on waiting list LAX-TPE-BKK for September 15 on business class. She has lots of miles with EVA.
I think I may need to call the reservation in LA and see if they can shed some light on the availability. Many people seems to thing that J class is very very limited availability.
EVA has been selling out their LAX business class again recently. There's a reason BR was still only selling full-fare tickets.

If a waitlist clears, it is usually sometime much closer to departure with higher IML status clearing first.

Last edited by BR787; Aug 6, 2022 at 4:36 am
BR787 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:48 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Posts: 33,599
I see EVA biz awards to SEA using Lifemiles. I havent seen any other west coast cities up to Dec available.
Jaimito Cartero is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:58 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: airponts
Posts: 136
I booked. BNE-TPE-LHR with lifemiles for October.
kindagot is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:54 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On the upper deck of an A380
Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Posts: 245
BNE-TPE-SFO for late June 2023, booked through OZ. I had been closely watching availability for a while when this came up yesterday. I really needed to travel +/-2 of a particular date and I'm very happy that I got exactly what I wanted. I'm excited to try the new 787 business seat from BNE to TPE!
FlyingJoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.