Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No seats selectable

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

No seats selectable

Hey folks. My wife and 2 year old are flying London to Taipei on Tuesday. At T-48 they have been assigned seats A & C. This isn't appropriate as my son is a toddler. Further more it says "There are currently no other available seats that can be selected online. Please request seat change at the airport instead."

I am hoping as it's A & C they have a policy of not allowing people to sit in the middle, or am I hoping too much here?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dingobingo
Hey folks. My wife and 2 year old are flying London to Taipei on Tuesday. At T-48 they have been assigned seats A & C. This isn't appropriate as my son is a toddler. Further more it says "There are currently no other available seats that can be selected online. Please request seat change at the airport instead."

I am hoping as it's A & C they have a policy of not allowing people to sit in the middle, or am I hoping too much here?

Thanks.
I'm assuming this is in economy. Looks like all B seats are blocked on Tuesday's BR 70.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for sending the map. Oddly, it's 48 A&C that have been assigned to them, but your map shows them as being free. We called EVA and they said they close seat selection 3 days before flight departure. Kind of odd, and very different to other airlines. I wonder if this is covid specific? They said we can't request new seats until we get to the airport but that we must request new ones as there can't be a gap between a child and a parent.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dingobingo
Thanks for sending the map. Oddly, it's 48 A&C that have been assigned to them, but your map shows them as being free. We called EVA and they said they close seat selection 3 days before flight departure. Kind of odd, and very different to other airlines. I wonder if this is covid specific? They said we can't request new seats until we get to the airport but that we must request new ones as there can't be a gap between a child and a parent.
Blue is selected so 48AC are selected. If they were unselected they would be white. The “X’s” are blocked seats.

Yup, they’ve been doing the block since covid started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.