Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

How to check award availability on Eva's Infinity program?

Old Mar 19, 22, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I've read here and there (without supporting evidence) that Eva has more award seats if you book with their own miles vs if you use other Star Alliance miles like ANA or UA.
My parents usually fly BR using ANA miles but there's absolutely nothing for the the days they want to go. How do I find out if we can book these dates using Eva's own miles? They don't have any Eva miles but have a decent number of Citi TYP, which can transfer to Eva's program. I checked Eva's website and it's not clear to me if those seats are available with miles. It seems the only way I can find out if the flight is available as an award is if I have enough miles to book it. What am I missing?
Old Mar 22, 22, 11:34 pm

EVA's website UI/UX is horrible.

This is exactly what I was facing a while back. Though my situation was using EVA points to book an award ticket for UA. Here's the thing I can tell you. Whatever flights you can search for and the results returned under "Award Ticket-Select Itinerary" may not be actually bookable EVEN if you have enough miles.

Yup. You still have to call in to confirm. Give them a bunch of dates and they will search individually to tell you what's available.
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:29 pm
formerly dav662

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post

This is exactly what I was facing a while back. Though my situation was using EVA points to book an award ticket for UA. Here's the thing I can tell you. Whatever flights you can search for and the results returned under "Award Ticket-Select Itinerary" may not be actually bookable EVEN if you have enough miles.

Yup. You still have to call in to confirm. Give them a bunch of dates and they will search individually to tell you what's available.
This is what I do and they were always very helpful.
Old May 23, 22, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post

Thanks been trying to look all through their site to figure this out and I didn't want to transfer my points blindly.
Old May 24, 22, 1:50 pm

my understanding is that you can waitlist directly with EVA and will get first dibs on it compared to other airline inventory, but they dont seem to any different though.

i usually search on expertflyer... i used to see J available a couple days before flight date but it doesnt seem to be the case anymore. im also seeing no Y class on certain days which im kinda surprised by it.

Search this Thread