Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting SQ PE L Fare to BR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR S (*S), Marriott T, Hertz PC, National EE
Crediting SQ PE L Fare to BR

According to the SQ mileage table on BR's website, L class PE fare gets 0% mileage on BR.

This is odd considering SQ's lite PE fare (R) gets 100% mileage on BR, while L class is a standard PE fare on SQ and gets 0%.

Since I have an upcoming flight in L class, I was wondering, is this a mistake? And if so how do I get in contact with someone at BR who can correctly classify the SQ's L class PE fare?

Below are screenshots from SQ's fare types page.

Lite SQ PE fare classes:

Standard SQ PE fare classes:

Flexi SQ PE fare classes:
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
It looks like SQ may have introduced the L fare bucket for PE somewhat recently circa mid 2019, and BR hasn't remapped it yet. I've seen BR take varying amounts of time to update new partner fare mappings.

Have you tried one of the methods through https://www.evaair.com/en-us/custome...ervice-center/ yet? If you have status like Diamond Card, the private Diamond lines may also work.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:46 pm

SQ L class used to be a discounted economy fare

See page 68 in this 2017-18 Star Alliance Manual
https://portal.staralliance.com/cms/..._2017-2018.pdf
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
This issue still does not appear to be fixed.

Helping someone else book flights to Asia and normally they would fly on EVA metal but SQ is the best airline that can get them there at the moment.

L is still a 0% earning fare
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
In case anyone decides to write in, this is the response I got from customer service:

Regarding your inquiry, we have contacted our Infinity Mileageland department in headquarter to double check,

Per their reply, currently we still credit 0% mileage for (SQ)L class according to our contract with SQ.
In other words, you're better off crediting to another Star Alliance program. My rough math estimates these flights will award 20,000 United miles if I credit to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.