Availability Over New Years

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:42 pm
Formerly doc4science
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Availability Over New Years

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas about award availability from YYZ-TPE in late December and TPE-YYZ in early January from previous years in business class. From what I can see in early December/November of this year it is quite common, but I obviously cant check late Dec 21/early Jan 22 yet. My current plan is to book 3 tickets using ANA miles, but I am afraid that the availability might be too limited. If you have any knowledge about this please let me know!
Thanks!

Last edited by Fly2Connect; Dec 23, 2020 at 10:38 am
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by doc4science
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas about award availability from YYZ-TPE in late December and TPE-YYZ in early January from previous years in business class. From what I can see in early December/November of this year it is quite common, but I obviously cant check late Dec/early Jan yet. My current plan is to book 3 tickets using ANA miles, but I am afraid that the availability might be too limited. If you have any knowledge about this please let me know!
Thanks!
I’ve booked business tickets for the last 2 years over this period (which is a streak that I can’t continue this year...). Generally there is availability after Christmas, leading up to NYE (and very good on the flight that departs on Dec. 31st; turns out people really don’t want to spend NYE on a flying metal tube ). In the previous years, you’d have 3 or so days to choose from between Dec 25th and Dec 31st.
Fly2Connect likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:44 am
Formerly doc4science
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave510
I’ve booked business tickets for the last 2 years over this period (which is a streak that I can’t continue this year...). Generally there is availability after Christmas, leading up to NYE (and very good on the flight that departs on Dec. 31st; turns out people really don’t want to spend NYE on a flying metal tube ). In the previous years, you’d have 3 or so days to choose from between Dec 25th and Dec 31st.
Thanks! Looks like well shoot for a return on the 31st!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:49 pm

Thanks! Looks like well shoot for a return on the 31st!
Isn't Taiwan blocked to most foreign travelers?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:07 pm
Formerly doc4science
Original Poster

Originally Posted by night718
Isn't Taiwan blocked to most foreign travelers?
Currently yes, but I’m looking to book Dec 2021. Hopefully in a year things will be opened up.
ProleOnParole likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:23 pm

Currently yes, but I’m looking to book Dec 2021. Hopefully in a year things will be opened up.
Ah ok. I thought you were talking about traveling this year. I'm hoping things will be opened up next year too.
Fly2Connect likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.