Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Ticket changed to open ticket, issue on changing date and its payment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket changed to open ticket, issue on changing date and its payment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Ticket changed to open ticket, issue on changing date and its payment

hi, I have changed my ticket to open ticket, my question is, if I change to a future date which with the difference of the price, how would the airline charges me? would they charge only the difference since the original ticket was paid already. Or, more silly, they would refund the original amount then post a new total amount?
thanks

Last edited by ericmc; Jun 8, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ericmc
hi, I have changed my ticket to open ticket, my question is, if I change to a future date which with the difference of the price, how would the airline charges me? would they charge only the difference since the original ticket was paid already. Or, more silly, they would refund the original amount then post a new total amount?
thanks
You would just pay the difference in fare and any applicable taxes and fees that may be new.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ericmc
Or, more silly, they would refund the original amount then post a new total amount?
Personally - this is a better method, given that with a new ticket, it will have a new set of dates.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 4:39 pm

EVA cancelled my 3rd leg coming home on Oct15 2020, i called them and told them just change the time to a earlier flight which was open, bkk- to taipei, then to yvr, they told me it will cost money even though they caused it, i even lose my free change for 1 yr. because i booked in July and they said this change cancels my free change..that airline is not fair, it shows by their ratings for customer service , only 1-2 stars, i cancelled , requested a refund , have not got it yet
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
Ben,

this has been the steady decline of EVA for the last 5 years. i have been a diamond card for 12 years and EVA does their best to drive me away and look for another airline.

they are cheap across the board and do not take responsibilities for their own actions and faults.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.