Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

No Transit Passengers, No Entry for Non-ARC Foreigners 19 MAY -24 June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Transit Passengers, No Entry for Non-ARC Foreigners 19 MAY -24 June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by username
They just announced the ban continues but did not give an expiration date....
At this point, I don't think anyone can say with certainty how (and when) things will resolve itself.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Plat
Is there any new information regarding transit ban? Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by TPacific
Is there any new information regarding transit ban? Thanks
They’re still thinking about it.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3947334
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
They’re still thinking about it.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3947334
According to the article, this may happen soon, which is a good sign.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
It's a good sign of what? COVID is over? Or, the BR and CI can't take it anymore?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I can see both BR and CI now sell connecting itineraries in July, with transit sometimes in excess of 8 hours
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I don't think it will be relaxed with the new outbreak in Beijing and areas such as US and even Japan are still reporting new numbers.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's a good sign of what? COVID is over? Or, the BR and CI can't take it anymore?
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I can see both BR and CI now sell connecting itineraries in July, with transit sometimes in excess of 8 hours
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I don't think it will be relaxed with the new outbreak in Beijing and areas such as US and even Japan are still reporting new numbers.
Newest guidance from CECC is:From June 22, short-term business travelers are allowed entry and can apply for shortened home quarantine period

The CECC announced that business travelers who wish to make short visits to Taiwan can apply for shortened home quarantine period starting from June 22 if such travelers meet all the conditions listed below:
  • Those who are allowed entry according to the announcements of the CECC
  • Those whose duration of stay doesn’t exceed three months
  • Business travelers who enter the country for business activities, such as goods inspection, after-sale services, technical assistance and training, and contract signing
  • Those who arrive from low- or medium-risk countries/regions announced by the CECC and have no history of travel to other countries in the last 14 days before boarding the flight to Taiwan.
ProleOnParole likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like transit will be allowed again effective 25 JUN 00:00:
  1. All flights and points excluding Mainland China (HKG/MFM are OK)
  2. Flights must be on the same airline
  3. Connecting time no longer than 8 hours - and same day
ProleOnParole likes this.

Last edited by username; Jun 24, 2020 at 10:06 pm Reason: Modified per rule on BR website - must be same day connection.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:55 am

Looks like transit will be allowed again effective 25 JUN 00:00:
  1. All flights and points excluding Mainland China (HKG/MFM are OK)
  2. Flights must be on the same airline
  3. Connecting time no longer than 8 hours - and it sounds like one can actually enter TW (which makes no sense given how careful they are)
Good news but seems it's a very modest relaxation so far. Carrier can only be BR, CI, or CX.

The announcement also says "strict isolation" will be implemented for transfer passengers and they'll be "supervised" if they want to buy food or shop so I don't think you're even free to walk around airside.

I think all the news quote this announcement from the Taiwan CDC (in Chinese): https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Bulletin/Deta...MU7jA?typeid=9
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BR's website says connection is same-day so it makes more sense (i.e. no entry into TW).

You can't help wonder why they restrict Mainland China but not the US. We all know how bad COVID is in the US right now.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: Alaska
BR's website says connection is same-day so it makes more sense (i.e. no entry into TW).

You can't help wonder why they restrict Mainland China but not the US. We all know how bad COVID is in the US right now.
it is not that they restrict Mainland China, it is Mainland China restricting them bringing in passengers.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:39 am

Has anyone taken SIN -> TPE or TPE -> SFO in recent weeks? I'm wondering how crowded the flights are? I'm considering changing my plans to get from Singapore back to the U.S.. but curious if economy class is empty to lay down to sleep on the red eye.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freed0m
it is not that they restrict Mainland China, it is Mainland China restricting them bringing in passengers.
The Mainland route exclusion is a rule of the TW government, not EVA. EVA still operates routes to/from Mainland. Mainland does not allow PRC passport holders to transit through TW from most cities but there can be non-PRC passport holders who do this. The TW rules now make that impossible.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: Alaska
The Mainland route exclusion is a rule of the TW government, not EVA. EVA still operates routes to/from Mainland. Mainland does not allow PRC passport holders to transit through TW from most cities but there can be non-PRC passport holders who do this. The TW rules now make that impossible.
Non-PRC passport holders can enter Mainland China through TPE? are you sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.