Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

No Transit Passengers, No Entry for Non-ARC Foreigners 19 MAY -24 June 2021

No Transit Passengers, No Entry for Non-ARC Foreigners 19 MAY -24 June 2021

Old Jun 23, 22, 2:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelExperience View Post
Thank you! That is great to know!

Another question, if the PCR test is purely a gov requirement, would that mean that 5th freedom BR flights would NOT need -ve PCR Test results to board?
Hmmm, BR's 5th freedom flight is between BKK and Europe. In the above, we're talking about transiting in TPE which by definition makes those flights non-fifth freedom flights since TPE is BR's home base. Think we're having some miscommunication here.

In your SIN-TPE-LAX scenario, you will still need to take a PCR test at your point of departure.
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:25 am

Programs: AY (Emerald), OZ (*G), Accor All (Platinum), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by BR787 View Post
Hmmm, BR's 5th freedom flight is between BKK and Europe. In the above, we're talking about transiting in TPE which by definition makes those flights non-fifth freedom flights since TPE is BR's home base. Think we're having some miscommunication here.

In your SIN-TPE-LAX scenario, you will still need to take a PCR test at your point of departure.
Hi, very sorry, my fault, a case of my fingers typing faster than my brain could process

You answered my question about the BR SIN-TPE-LAX mileage run I asked earlier. Thanks again. I understand that I need to take a PCR test at both SIN (outbound) and LAX (return).

The question about BR's 5th freedom routes is a completely separate question. This came about as I was helping search for flights from KUL to LHR, trying to find the cheapest option with the most generous check in baggage allowance for travel in early August (Commonwealth Fencing Competition). BR was the cheapest and (at the time) still offered 30kg for even their cheapest economy fares.

Found a KUL-BKK-LHR option sold by BR itself and while I am 80% sure that no PCR test would be required when boarding at BKK, I thought to tap the forum (these days I dare not be too sure of anything) in case I am wrong
Old Jun 30, 22, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by BuBu4 View Post
looks like some information is out on transiting... per EVA facebook page...

Within two days, so if my flight is 1:00 AM on July 4, then July 2 should qualify? Or can I do the test on July 1?
Old Jun 30, 22, 9:22 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by reefsf View Post
Within two days, so if my flight is 1:00 AM on July 4, then July 2 should qualify? Or can I do the test on July 1?
Here it how it reads on the Taiwan CDC website:

"Travelers must present a COVID-19 RT-PCR test report issued by a legally-established hospitals and clinics at the place of departure within two calendar days prior to the flight schedule time. As a rule, the test report must be written in English, Chinese, or both Chinese and English (bilingual version); its format and the signature should be made in accordance with the requirements of the local health authority. The content of the result must include the name on the passport of the traveler, the date of birth or passport number, specimen collection date and test report date, the virus name, testing method, and interpretation of results, etc. The two-day period prior to the flight schedule time of such a test report shall be calculated based on the specimen collection date and calendar days.

Examples:

If a traveler takes a flight scheduled to depart at 12:10 a.m. on January 10, 2022, counting backward two days from the date (weekend days and national holidays are counted), this traveler must present a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test taken on January 8 or 9 (not counting from the time of boarding, for example, 11:40 p.m. on January 9)."
Old Jul 1, 22, 12:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, July 2 will qualify.

July 1 will not.
Old Jul 1, 22, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience View Post
Hi, very sorry, my fault, a case of my fingers typing faster than my brain could process

You answered my question about the BR SIN-TPE-LAX mileage run I asked earlier. Thanks again. I understand that I need to take a PCR test at both SIN (outbound) and LAX (return).

The question about BR's 5th freedom routes is a completely separate question. This came about as I was helping search for flights from KUL to LHR, trying to find the cheapest option with the most generous check in baggage allowance for travel in early August (Commonwealth Fencing Competition). BR was the cheapest and (at the time) still offered 30kg for even their cheapest economy fares.

Found a KUL-BKK-LHR option sold by BR itself and while I am 80% sure that no PCR test would be required when boarding at BKK, I thought to tap the forum (these days I dare not be too sure of anything) in case I am wrong
Yup, no PCR test needed but looks like you'll need some form of [very short term] travel insurance: https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/up...ers-TH-ENG.pdf.
Old Jul 2, 22, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by BR787 View Post
Yes, July 2 will qualify.

July 1 will not.
Ok sounds good. Are transit passengers allowed to use the Eva airways lounge also?
Old Jul 3, 22, 4:14 pm

This is great info. I'm planning to travel to Thailand in August via EVA from the US. (JFK to TPE to BKK). I'm fully vaccinated, with three shots so all I need is a PCR test within 2 days of departure. My question is 2 hours layover enough time?
Old Jul 3, 22, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Ok sounds good. Are transit passengers allowed to use the Eva airways lounge also?
A good question. Previously it was reported transit passengers were not able to use airway lounges. 😳
Old Jul 4, 22, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
A good question. Previously it was reported transit passengers were not able to use airway lounges. 😳
There is a transit lounge, currently doing it now.
Old Jul 4, 22, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
There is a transit lounge, currently doing it now.
How does it compare to the Eva Air lounges, I wonder? 😊
Old Jul 5, 22, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
How does it compare to the Eva Air lounges, I wonder? 😊
They put you in the Eva air Garden lounge. https://www.evaair.com/en-us/fly-pre...rt/the-garden/ Its ok for a short transit, nothing special but better than nothing.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Teacher10 View Post
This is great info. I'm planning to travel to Thailand in August via EVA from the US. (JFK to TPE to BKK). I'm fully vaccinated, with three shots so all I need is a PCR test within 2 days of departure. My question is 2 hours layover enough time?
Yes, just did it.
Old Jul 6, 22, 1:48 am

They put you in the Eva air Garden lounge. https://www.evaair.com/en-us/fly-pre...rt/the-garden/ Its ok for a short transit, nothing special but better than nothing.
The Garden is EVA's top tier lounge. Don't know what their service is currently like though.
Old Jul 6, 22, 11:14 am

Whats the food like inside?

Search this Thread