EVA canceled my flight

Old Mar 17, 20, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

EVA canceled my flight

Got an email saying one leg of my flight is cancelled, and I can apply for a refund or call them to reschedule. If I apply for a refund, is it cash or voucher? I paid cash + points for an upgrade, so just want to make sure I would get both refunded.

Also, since just one leg is canceled, it makes sense that I can apply for a refund for both legs, but just want to be sure.
Old Mar 17, 20, 5:50 pm

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
Do you mind telling what date? Is it March, April or May or some other month.
Old Mar 17, 20, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry View Post
Got an email saying one leg of my flight is cancelled, and I can apply for a refund or call them to reschedule. If I apply for a refund, is it cash or voucher? I paid cash + points for an upgrade, so just want to make sure I would get both refunded.

Also, since just one leg is canceled, it makes sense that I can apply for a refund for both legs, but just want to be sure.
Itíll be returned in the original form of payment, so both will be refunded, and as long as they are under the same PNR (booking reference), both legs are to be cancelled and refunded as a whole.
Boringbarry likes this.
Old Mar 17, 20, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
Do you mind telling what date? Is it March, April or May or some other month.
Sure, end of April
Old Mar 18, 20, 7:04 am

Thank you very much Barry. I am hoping to cancel my flight in May. It's not worth flying for pleasure until this is under control.
Old Mar 18, 20, 10:49 am

Update. I just spoke with EVA and they told me that the cancellation period is valid up to the end of April but I can cancel my itinerary and either re book before December and I have to start my trip before the 31st of December 2020.
If I ask for a refund at this moment in time there is a charge and to wait until at least the end of March when there may be a change in the deadline.
Old Mar 20, 20, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
Update. I just spoke with EVA and they told me that the cancellation period is valid up to the end of April but I can cancel my itinerary and either re book before December and I have to start my trip before the 31st of December 2020.
If I ask for a refund at this moment in time there is a charge and to wait until at least the end of March when there may be a change in the deadline.
yeah, would make sense for you to wait then
Old Mar 21, 20, 7:15 am

I don't mind waiting for December and reschedule my trip but the only worry is what may happen to EVA. I am thinking of cancelling and getting a refund and then buying again in December or once this is under control and if Eva is still flying the sectors I fly.
all the best of luck to all of you.
Old Mar 22, 20, 10:17 pm

Just notified BR67 and BR68 canceled. April 3 and 20 in that order.

tpe to bkk
bkk to tpe

not that I was going to go, but now it’s official

Search this Thread
Search Engine: