Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

BR flights subject to USA travel quarantine?

Old Feb 7, 20, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)

I noticed that Taiwan was not mentioned in the President's Proclamation but Hong Kong and Macau were specifically called out as being excluded. If I have a flight SIN-TPE-SFO (and knowing that I've not been to mainland China for quite a while), does anyone know if I would be subject to the 14 day quarantine?
Old Feb 7, 20, 4:31 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the People’s Republic of China
Last time I checked Taiwan was not part of the PRC
M60_to_LGA and Violin1990 like this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Last time I checked Taiwan was not part of the PRC
It depends on where you reside ... home for me these days is in the P.R. China :-/
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:39 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SFHokie View Post
I noticed that Taiwan was not mentioned in the President's Proclamation but Hong Kong and Macau were specifically called out as being excluded. If I have a flight SIN-TPE-SFO (and knowing that I've not been to mainland China for quite a while), does anyone know if I would be subject to the 14 day quarantine?
Taiwan is not included. Flights are operating as normal and there is no quarantine for Taiwanese citizens (unless you've been in China in the last 14 days, then you will be barred entry).

BR is still running a full schedule to North America.
M60_to_LGA, SFHokie and Violin1990 like this.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Feb 7, 20 at 8:13 am
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:08 am

One will be quarantined if the person has been in China for the last 14 days assuming you are allow entry into US.
Where your flight coming from has no bearing on it
Often1, SFHokie and Violin1990 like this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be away from mainland China for 20 days at the time my flights depart, so I should be OK but just wanted to check!
I tried calling the airline a few times and have been disconnected because their phone lines are too busy! Wow
If something changes and I'm not allowed to fly because of a travel ban or if I do get quarantined, I'll be sure to report back.

​​
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Just landed at SFO from TPE and had very minimal issues entering the USA.

The Global Entry kiosk marked my slip with a big ole X and I had to chat with a CBP officer who asked me if he could scan my passport followed by if I had been in China previously. When I said yes I also told him the dates I was there (Jan 24 - Jan 25). He mentioned something about clearing the issue on my passport then handed it back to me and let me on my way.

No temperature checks were done.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: