Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

BR Adjusts Service/Schedule Due to Coronavirus Outbreak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hayzel7773
Booking Changes
  • The airline has suspended all basic category bookings for Y and PE for flights April/May. J continues to offer Basic, Standard, and Up.
  • Singapore ticketing/booking office is temporarily closed to protect employees in accordance with guidance from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower.
  • Manila Town Office closed indefinitely to comply with the PH Government's Quarantine Order
  • NYC Office closed as an abundance of caution.
  • Unpublished but BR North America is currently struggling to cope with the influx of requests as well as the PHO of the State of California. Because they are deemed "essential", the airline is able to compel attendance but staff have been taking a heavy amount of leave, which is leaving them severely short-staffed.
Passenger Requirements
  • Prior to check-in, Pax must fill out the Health Declaration Form: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-02-01-new-type-coronavirus-news.html?filter=
  • You must confirm at check-in you are symptom free for the last 14 days, and have your temperature taken.
  • If you refuse the temperature check or the medical declaration, you will be refused carriage. The refund waiver does not apply in this case; you forfeit the entirety of your ticket.
  • Pax found to have falsely declare their medical information are liable to prosecution under the Communicable Disease Act and BR has the right to collect any incurred cost, losses, or damages stemming from you.
Ground Experience
  • All lounge food items are now pre-packaged ready-to-eat snacks. Ice cream and self-serve removed.
  • Shower service, lockers, and computer service is temporarily suspended.
  • Lounge times/hours are adjusted to ensure sanitation. Currently, only one lounge is open every day. Hours are also extremely limited.

Flight Changes (All Changes are Indefinite)
  • All Hello Kitty services suspended, including the airport check-in and onboard products. Suspension began on April 1st. Flight attendants will no longer wear HK themed items (pins, aprons etc.).
  • All Duty Free Cart Sales suspended. Passengers must preorder via the Duty Free website.
  • Due to a catering supply chain issue in the UK, no special meals are offered on outbound LHR flights. Only limited tray service will be provided.
  • Immediate suspension of all preordering services online for RL/PL/Business.
  • Flights under 6-hours: Room Temperature, ready-to-eat snack bags provided to customers of all classes. Only vegetarian special meals are available.
  • Flights over 6-hours: Single tray food service provided to customers of all classes. Only medical, religious, vegetarian, and baby special meals are available.
  • No paper menus, toiletries, playing cards, or magazines/newspapers provided. Only hand soap is provided in the lavatories. Pens will be available on a limited-request basis.
  • Customers are encouraged to wear a mask unless it is meal time. You must supply your own mask, wipes, sanitizer etc. The airline will suspend the distribution of masks on request immediately.
  • Passengers are not permitted to:
    • Change seats unless instructed to do.
    • Congregate around the aircraft. You must remain seated unless you are using the lavatory.
    • Use restrooms designated "Crew Only"
    • Board if they do not pass the temperature check or they refuse it.
    • The PIC has authority to comply your compliance with all guidelines. You are subject to arrest, fine, or imprisonment for violating health guidelines onboard in accordance with the Communicable Disease Act and Civil Aviation Act of Taiwan. There will be no written warning to compel your cooperation, FA's are instructed to issue one verbal warning followed by PIC's determination of force. You will be banned from BR.
  • Flight crew and Cabin Crew will don the following PPE for your safety and their safety:
    • Goggles (Medical grade)
    • Masks (N95 or equivalent with a second surgical mask layer)
    • Waterproof Gloves
    • Gowns (FA's only)
Ticket Waivers
Valid for Tickets issued: On or Before Apr09 and must be submitted prior to Jun02 for the following periods:
Mainland China / Hong Kong /Macao Between 2020-01-20 and 2020-05-31
Singapore Between 2020-02-11 and 2020-05-31
Japan Between 2020-02-22 and 2020-05-31
Korea Between 2020-02-24 and 2020-05-31
Europe (except Italy) Between 2020-03-11 and 2020-05-31
*Italy Between 2020-02-18 and 2020-07-06
Australia Between 2020-03-20 and 2020-05-31
Others Between 2020-03-17 and 2020-05-31

If your ticket is in the waiver period:
  • Rebooking ONE time is permitted without a change fee. Fare Difference/Tax may be collected. No changes to routing or RBD permitted.
  • Refunds may be requested on rebooked flights, assuming you do not no-show the rebooked flight. "Refund Fee could be waived" (I guess it's their discretion on this)
  • If you are identified as a no-show for the original flight (failed to cancel before check-in closed), you are not eligible for the refund waiver. No-show fee cannot be waived if you want to reissue/rebook.
  • Refund fee waived; pax booking through BR are advised to submit the refund application online and await their response.
  • Pax booking through a travel agency have to cancel/refund via their agency. BR will not touch the ticket period. Calling them is no use and you are just clogging up the already busy phone lines. You need to sort it out with your TA!

EVA's Web Page on the Situation:
  • English: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-02-01-new-type-coronavirus-news.html
  • Chinese: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/emer/2019-nCoV.html
  • Best way to check cancellations might be to check your reservation: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/eva/b2c/manage-your-trip/log_in.aspx?lang=en-global
Taiwan CDC Guidelines / Info:
  • English: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/List/7tUXjTBf6paRvrhEl-mrPg
  • Case Distribution English: https://nidss.cdc.gov.tw/en/NIDSS_DiseaseMap.aspx?dc=1&dt=5&disease=19CoV
  • Chinese: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Disease/SubIndex/N6XvFa1YP9CXYdB0kNSA9A
  • Case Distribution Chinese: https://nidss.cdc.gov.tw/ch/NIDSS_DiseaseMap.aspx?dc=1&dt=5&disease=19CoV
Taiwan Immigration Guidelines:
  • Table with current restrictions: https://ifi.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=18577&ctNode=36570&mp=ifi_en
  • Chinese: https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5385/7229/7238/
Other Interesting Resources:
  • UDN Diagram of Cases in TW (in Chinese): https://udn.com/newmedia/2020/covid-19-taiwan/?utm_source=udnnews&utm_medium=tab
  • Dashboard by Johns Hopkins University: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
  • Worldometer: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Print Wikipost

BR Adjusts Service/Schedule Due to Coronavirus Outbreak

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
So my outbound flight from YYZ to TPE has been rescheduled and will now leave the following day. Meaning I will miss my connection to NGO. No mention about being able to cancel. Can I now without penalties. I booked via Expedia, not EVA
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
So my outbound flight from YYZ to TPE has been rescheduled and will now leave the following day. Meaning I will miss my connection to NGO. No mention about being able to cancel. Can I now without penalties. I booked via Expedia, not EVA
Sorry to hear that. You should be able to cancel without penalty in accordance to rule 85 and 90 of the traiff:

https://www.evaair.com/images/zhtw/i...410.pdf#page52

As you booked with Expedia, you’d have to contact them to exercise the above.
wysiwyg likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by R.K.Himura
Sorry to hear that. You should be able to cancel without penalty in accordance to rule 85 and 90 of the traiff:

https://www.evaair.com/images/zhtw/i...410.pdf#page52

As you booked with Expedia, you’d have to contact them to exercise the above.
This is very useful information. Thanks for sharing the link. Now Expedia is asking to only contact them if departing in the next 7 days, my flight isn't until the 6th (now 7th) of April. I guess I should hold off. I have the option to cancel online, but but don't know if they wil take into consideration these policies. (actually my flight still appears as originally scheduled on Expedia!)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I also had a 24 hour flight change - managed to get through to the 800 # this morning and they confirmed that I was entitled to a refund and walked me through the process of submitting online.

However I booked directly with EVA through the website.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I have a flight in May to BKK. But then I have a flight the next day from BKK( DMK) to MLE on AirAsia. I hope I can cancel both if this is going on in May.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:26 pm

I was flying on April 2nd SEA to TPE (BR3) but they cancelled that flight (reducing 2 flights that night to 1) and put me on BR25 on the 3rd. They didn’t change my connecting though, so I was arriving a day after my connection.

I called the Seattle office (206 number) several times with no luck then finally made it through and after 40 minutes on hold I talked to a very helpful person. She changed my date to the 2nd on BR25 (No charge). So all is good.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Was about to fly YYZ-TPE-BKK on March 14. Decided to cancel because I'd be in huge trouble if the Canadian borders were closed and/or BR cancels the YYZ-TPE-YYZ flights.

We talked to the customer service reps and they said the refund could take anywhere from a month to 6 months.

Really disappointing, but at least we have our health, and we are grateful for that. Safe travels, all!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
I was flying on April 2nd SEA to TPE (BR3) but they cancelled that flight (reducing 2 flights that night to 1) and put me on BR25 on the 3rd.
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Was about to fly YYZ-TPE-BKK on March 14. Decided to cancel because I'd be in huge trouble if the Canadian borders were closed and/or BR cancels the YYZ-TPE-YYZ flights.

We talked to the customer service reps and they said the refund could take anywhere from a month to 6 months.
Looks like BR cancelled the daytime SFO-TPE and LAX-TPE flight for the month of April. I had one itinerary changed due to the cancellation. Was going to cancel anyway. Now I don't have to pay $100 penalty. Had to call BR to make sure no penalty. BR phone line is busy these days. Be patient!

Normally the refund from BR takes 1-2 weeks. Let me see how soon I can get refund during the difficult time of airline business.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:54 am

I am going to call and try to cancel my flight in May. I have to cancel AC too for the connecting flight to BR. Then an AirAsia flight also joining from BR. And a hotel booking too. I hope I can cancel and get refunds on all. Since it's for two people it's a decent amount of money.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:13 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Is there a phone number that actually works? I have tried the US number all day long and the message just says the lines are busy. Kind of seems impossible.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by A4K
Is there a phone number that actually works? I have tried the US number all day long and the message just says the lines are busy. Kind of seems impossible.
If it's the weekend they are closed. But you can try any north American number including the Canadian ones during the week. I have got thru two weeks back and it did take about 10 to 15 mins to get thru during the week.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by dav662
If it's the weekend they are closed. But you can try any north American number including the Canadian ones during the week. I have got thru two weeks back and it did take about 10 to 15 mins to get thru during the week.
BR phone line is open on weekends:
Monday~Friday: 08:30-17:30 Saturday/Sunday & Holiday: 07:00 -15:30 (Pacific time)

Phone line is very busy these days. Today Saturday I called exactly at 7am and waited for 15 minutes to talk to an agent. Yesterday Friday was totally impossible.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:26 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by sfo3388
BR phone line is open on weekends:
Monday~Friday: 08:30-17:30 Saturday/Sunday & Holiday: 07:00 -15:30 (Pacific time)

Phone line is very busy these days. Today Saturday I called exactly at 7am and waited for 15 minutes to talk to an agent. Yesterday Friday was totally impossible.
I called at 7:02 pacific time today and it went to the message that the lines were full. Guess I will try at 6:59 tomorrow.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by A4K
I was able to get through to the 800# at exactly 9:00 AM EST. My wait time was about 20 minutes.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
What are load factors from YYZ-TPE and reverse?

I have flights in economy alongside a friend and was wondering if we should choose a middle row, sit in the 2 outer seats, and leave the middle blank in hopes that nobody will pick said middle.
TPE-YYZ BR36 seemed pretty full yesterday, boarding area was fairly full and about 70% capacity in RL - this in contrast of less than 50% on BR35 2 weeks ago

Felt like there were foreign passengers being re-routed, perhaps due to EU-USA flight cancellations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.