Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Difference in J service between daytime and redeye TPACs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Platinum

Just booked my first BR flight (SEA-TPE in J). I’ve read some reviews of EVA’s long-haul J service, but always for daytime flights. I was wondering if and how redeyes differ in terms of service, particularly meals.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I've been in PE on the flights to/from IAH, SEA and SFO, and J on the late flight from TPE to SFO. Service is basically the same except that the FAs don't come around as much with stuff during the flight so everybody can sleep, they'll still ask if you want something when they walk by and you're awake. They move a little faster (watching to see when you've finished each courses in J and not rushing anybody) during the meal service as well.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
In J on the SEA-TPE redeye flight, the first meal service contains an express option called the "Star Special". This is essentially a one tray option designed to get you to sleep faster. Usually it involves some type of Din Tai Fung branded noodle soup or dumpling entree. I usually get this and pass on the dessert/fruit. If you eat fast, you can pretty much get to sleep within 45 minutes of wheels up, pretty essential on a flight that leaves as late as 2:00 AM and arrives usually at 4:30 am in TPE.
mcrw00 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
J TPAC Daytime vs. Redeye - The main difference is in the first/main meal of the flight.

Daytime (Lunch or Dinner [non-redeye]) [The following is assuming you choose the western option]

- After take-off drink w/ Hors d'oeuvre

- Appetizer (cold dish with some kind of seafood/meat with some leaves)

- Soup

- Salad

- Main Course

- Cheese

- Dessert w/ Fruit

- Coffee / Tea Service

Redeye Supper Service [The following is assuming you choose the western option]

- After take-off drink w/ Hors d'oeuvre

- Appetizer (cold dish with some kind of seafood/meat with some leaves)

- Main Course

- Dessert w/ Fruit

- Coffee / Tea Service
mcrw00 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.