FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   How to get the e-ticket receipt of a BR ticket? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1996852-how-get-e-ticket-receipt-br-ticket.html)

Travel-Quinten Nov 25, 2019 12:30 am

How to get the e-ticket receipt of a BR ticket?

I've got a PNR + e-ticket number for a return on BR and I wish to receive the e-ticket receipt for my booking (which is part of a 10+ pax group booking). Often, airlines somewhere have the option to view the e-ticket receipt on their website but I can't find mine for this booking. I tried Tripcase, Checkmytrip, BR, SK, ET, LH, Saudia etc, but no results. Anyone has a clue where to find it? :)

SK AAR Nov 25, 2019 1:46 am

If you booked directly with BR you would receive it as part of the email confirming your booking, payment etc when the booking is made.

If booked via TA/OTA you need to contact the party who issued the ticket - BR doesn't issue e-ticket receipt for tickets issued by other parties. You can't get e-ticket receipt from other carriers like SK, LH etc.

If you are able to view the itinerary in Tripcase, you will be able to access and download the itinerary under "documents"

Travel-Quinten Nov 25, 2019 6:41 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 31773934)
If you booked directly with BR you would receive it as part of the email confirming your booking, payment etc when the booking is made.

If booked via TA/OTA you need to contact the party who issued the ticket - BR doesn't issue e-ticket receipt for tickets issued by other parties. You can't get e-ticket receipt from other carriers like SK, LH etc.

If you are able to view the itinerary in Tripcase, you will be able to access and download the itinerary under "documents"

Thanks for the help! I think that's the problem: it's a group booking, booked by a tour operator (as part of a package tour). So the e-ticket receipt is with them and they won't be happy to share the details of what they paid to the airline. And that's exactly what I'm curious about!

SK AAR Nov 25, 2019 6:47 am

I C. Of course you will not get that kind oi information. I guess you will have to travel as the tour operator booked you and forget your curiosity about the fare paid.

Travel-Quinten Nov 25, 2019 6:52 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 31774376)
I C. Of course you will not get that kind oi information. I guess you will have to travel as the tour operator booked you and forget your curiosity about the fare paid.

:) I will, thanks!

henrus Nov 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Try looking up your booking PNR on the LOT (another star alliance carriers website)

https://www.lot.com/au/en/

They tend to show the fare paid at the bottom for booking that they weren't even involved in. It's displayed at the bottom on the manage booking page and I tried many star alliance bookings all of which just displayed.

Travel-Quinten Nov 26, 2019 6:22 am

Originally Posted by henrus (Post 31776824)
Try looking up your booking PNR on the LOT (another star alliance carriers website)

https://www.lot.com/au/en/

They tend to show the fare paid at the bottom for booking that they weren't even involved in. It's displayed at the bottom on the manage booking page and I tried many star alliance bookings all of which just displayed.

That's an old, good one. Tried, but unfortunately it doesn't show that information this time. Thanks anyway!

henrus Nov 28, 2019 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 31778237)
That's an old, good one. Tried, but unfortunately it doesn't show that information this time. Thanks anyway!

Obviously the booking doesn't contain any fare information. Have you tried calling BR to see what they see?

Travel-Quinten Nov 28, 2019 4:33 am

Originally Posted by henrus (Post 31784823)
Obviously the booking doesn't contain any fare information. Have you tried calling BR to see what they see?

Yep! The agent says 'it's hidden from them' as the price between tour operator and BR is 'secret'. That's exactly why I'm so curious. A return ticket on BR is about the same price as a 14-day tour including that ticket, hotels, meals, etc. It makes me wonder how much discount they would get. And if BR would even discount the 'fixed charges' like YQ etc.

Anyone a clue?

hayzel7773 Nov 29, 2019 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 31784896)
Yep! The agent says 'it's hidden from them' as the price between tour operator and BR is 'secret'. That's exactly why I'm so curious. A return ticket on BR is about the same price as a 14-day tour including that ticket, hotels, meals, etc. It makes me wonder how much discount they would get. And if BR would even discount the 'fixed charges' like YQ etc.

Anyone a clue?

Agreements between operators and airlines have significant NDA clauses due to a fear that they may be undercut by competitors.

In general, BR discounts the base fare, since YQ and other charges are treated differently in the eyes of accounting.

Travel-Quinten Nov 29, 2019 12:46 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 (Post 31786902)
Agreements between operators and airlines have significant NDA clauses due to a fear that they may be undercut by competitors.

In general, BR discounts the base fare, since YQ and other charges are treated differently in the eyes of accounting.

Thanks for your information. I found the fare for a ticket in V class (deep discount economy) to be €289 return. If you'd have to guess the lowest possible fare the tour operator would pay, what would you think? Is it some extra, half price, zero? :)

hayzel7773 Nov 29, 2019 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 31786929)
Thanks for your information. I found the fare for a ticket in V class (deep discount economy) to be €289 return. If you'd have to guess the lowest possible fare the tour operator would pay, what would you think? Is it some extra, half price, zero? :)

There is no one-size fits all. It depends on the contract.

realgaga Nov 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Some airlines waive the YQ for group bookings and give a seat free for every __ seat booked.