Wiki Posts
Search

Taipei 55 Minute Transit for SEA Flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Taipei 55 Minute Transit for SEA Flight

I just purchased a last minute ticket for my sister in-law (BKK to SEA Economy) on Thanksgiving Eve. I just noticed she only has a 55 minute layover in Taipei and will need to exit economy section of plane, clear screening area and travel to the gate all within 55 minutes if the BKK flight is on time. She has never flown through Taipei before. Is there anything we can do to insure she makes her connection.

I explained and described the route to the screening area and suggested she ask one of the EVA attendants directing passengers to the transit screening area for assistance getting to the gate on time or to inform gate she is on her way.

Just a note contacted EVA twice to verify that they do not have to see my US based credit card to purchase ticket. Both responses after looking at reservation was no. This CC is the one I always make EVA ticketing on and in past have been required to show CC at check-in for my travel.

Last edited by Chang11; Nov 23, 2019 at 10:13 am
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Chang11
I just purchased a last minute ticket for my sister in-law (BKK to SEA Economy) on Thanksgiving Eve. I just noticed she only has a 55 minute layover in Taipei and will need to exit economy section of plane, clear screening area and travel to the gate all within 55 minutes if the BKK flight is on time. She has never flown through Taipei before. Is there anything we can do to insure she makes her connection.

I explained and described the route to the screening area and suggested she ask one of the EVA attendants directing passengers to the transit screening area for assistance getting to the gate on time or to inform gate she is on her way.

Just a note contacted EVA twice to verify that they do not have to see my US based credit card to purchase ticket. Both responses after looking at reservation was no. This CC is the one I always make EVA ticketing on and in past have been required to show CC at check-in for my travel.
I assume you booked BR202 connecting to BR4, with a 55 minute connection in TPE. Since EVA Air sold you this ticket, it is likely she will be able to make this transfer. In the worst case, there is always BR26 TPE-SEA leaving TPE later at 23:40.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Nov 23, 2019 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Plus if it is all BR, then they also have ground service agents at the gate with a board for the connecting flights.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Yes, it is all EVA BR202 and BR4. Thank you restlessinRNO and dav662.

Another note: We first attempted to buy PE but it was costing out at $2,700.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I have connected at TPE before (BR -> BR) 55min should be no issue; the terminal is not that big. Just follow the signs for transfer/connections. Unless incoming flight from BKK is seriously late, she will make that connection. Significant delays are not likely for the incoming BKK flights. If delayed into TPE contact ground staff upon disembarkation. If no delay, just proceed as normal transfer pax.

Anyway, as stated above, if she miss BR4 she will be rebooked to BR26 - not the end of the world.

To sum up: nothing to worry about.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:10 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Would she be embarrassed if you ordered a wheelchair for her? That might help at the transit security checkpoint, and the SEA departure gate should be able to check on her progress through the terminal.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks SK ARR and 1984SW! She is too vibrant for a wheelchair!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:14 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Chang11
Thanks SK ARR and 1984SW! She is too vibrant for a wheelchair!
You should see the vibrancy of some of the WCHR passengers on a flight to PBI (West Palm Beach, FL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.