J vs Y on intra asia flight

Old Nov 13, 19, 6:57 pm

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
Originally Posted by east_west View Post
I believe the laptop bag is considered your personal item and doesn't have any specified weight limit. Perhaps the logic is that it will fit under your seat, so it doesn't need to go into the overhead bin which might cause injury.
Maybe you are right but they insist that all passengers put everything in the overhead compartment including ladies handbags too for take off and landing.
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
Maybe you are right but they insist that all passengers put everything in the overhead compartment including ladies handbags too for take off and landing.
Yea they get extremely intense about any safety issue and are real sticklers for the rules. Some guy put a small bag on the seat next to him and they were immediately all over him and telling him he had to put it above. My small bag fit well beneath the seat ahead of me but they made me put it in the cabinet about like two rows away. I had one flight with them where I was in the exit row and there was a whole lecture about how the door works, what to do if crew is incapacitated, what the signals from the flightdeck will be etc. Have sat in many many exit rows in the past and never had an extensive lecture like that.

Search this Thread