Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Terrible Experience in Business Class with Eva Air

Terrible Experience in Business Class with Eva Air

Old Oct 26, 19, 1:40 pm

Programs: BR Gold/*G
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
Unfortunately that is the case.

UA 1k or GS means nothing to BR.

Try to select 1A and 1K you will know.

BR diamond after March can select 1A or 1K at booking. The rest of peasant like my .... UA GS gets T-24 like any other gold.

I am In BR17 in about a week. Have two more flight in next 3 month. No DICE on 1A or 1K. Stuck on 2k, 3k, 3A.
I'm a BR Gold right now. Just like you I can't select 1A or 1K at booking. I've been flying with other Star Alliance airlines since EVA released this patch in March.
Old Oct 26, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by scoutiscool View Post
I'm a BR Gold right now. Just like you I can't select 1A or 1K at booking. I've been flying with other Star Alliance airlines since EVA released this patch in March.
Iím Diamond and 1a/k arenít available for me either. I just checked the seat selection of 6 different ticketed, long haul flights in the coming months. 8a/k are not available either.

Never paid much attention to it before because 1k is probably my least favorite seat.
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:45 pm

Programs: QR, AC, EVA, UL and PAL
I have been flying BR for some time too and do agree it is a hit and miss. One thing I have always found consistent is their ground service, especially at out stations. It is always horrible compared to the competition.

In flight they have been fairly good I have to say. I just flew from BKK to YYZ on PE and they offered and changed me and my wife to first row of PE. I had booked the last row. I didn't even ask for it. I am a Gold too on BR. If only they can improve their choice of inflight movies.
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:46 pm

Interesting to read about the middling opinions of BR in this thread. I fly mostly BR RL out of SFO, occasionally YVR or LAX, and then sometimes connecting onward to NRT. 30k BR in-seat miles this year. I've also flown the Paris route a few times.

Relative to my experiences on UA and other US carriers in long-haul, BR is amazing. Their SFO ground staff is contracted so no comment there. I always go to SFO Polaris lounge, as other BR RL pax can, so no comment there. But the on-board service is great and, more importantly, consistent. This year, I had a good experience on UA SFO-HND, but a terrible one on UA EWR-LHR Polaris also:
  • business cabin not cleaned [used slippers at my seat, crumbs everywhere]
  • no new slippers provided
  • no acknowledgements, greetings or pre/post-takeoff drinks
  • wasn't asked if I wanted to be woken up for breakfast
  • didn't wake me up for landing but I naturally woke up to the noise 30 minutes before landing
  • went to the bathroom before the seat-belt sign came on, then a flight attendant seated in her jump seat reached over and banged loudly on the door while I was inside
At least on BR, I know there is a consistent baseline and I won't be subjected to a flustering door-beating after less than a minute in the toilet.

Also, the phone service is amazing. Usually on hold for less than a minute when calling the Taipei English line, and when they're closed, I know I can call London or Los Angeles for basically 24-hr assistance in English. The agents are knowledgeable and patient and competent. In contrast, I was on hold with Aeroplan this week for more than an hour, after dozens of failed attempts when the phone automation said they couldn't take my call at all.

Have not flown CI and leaving out Chinese carriers, but my personal ranking of East Asian carriers in business is NH/JL, then BR, then KE/OZ.
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by princesakura View Post
I was on hold with Aeroplan this week for more than an hour, after dozens of failed attempts when the phone automation said they couldn't take my call at all.
Aeroplan phone support is absolutely the worst. Not sure how that's relevant here though. Aeroplan isn't even an airline, it's just a FFP :-)

My last couple BR flights, the FAs seemed unhappy. I agree overall the service levels are well above UA's (though I'll add my last three TPACs on UA the FAs have been great), but below NH.

Search this Thread