FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   TPE T1 and T2 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1985650-tpe-t1-t2.html)

sfo Sep 2, 2019 3:13 pm

TPE T1 and T2

The terminal map indicates that all flights arriving and departing are from T2
Looking at the flightstats website, the flight from YVR arrives T1 and from SEA T2
I am particularly interested in the arrival for the BR flight from SEA and the BR flight from YVR
I am meeting a friend who is slightly disabled and intended to assist him to our next flight which will be on the same aircraft.
Can anyone confirm that BR does use the two terminals, and if so where would be the best place to meet with him.We are flying on to BKK, Somewhere easy for me to find him, I was thinking just after he clears security from his arrival flight, not at the depature gate however, as I want to first take him the *A lounge, he will not be able go in until I arrive to take him inside.

lolstebbo Sep 2, 2019 9:41 pm

All of BR's landside operations take place in T2, but they use B and C gates.

restlessinRNO Sep 2, 2019 10:45 pm

How disabled is your friend? It can be a long walk to some of the gates. :)

sfo Sep 3, 2019 8:30 am

[QUOTE=lolstebbo;31484319]All of BR's landside operations take place in T2, but they use B and C gates.[/QUOTE

Thanks appreciate your reply. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Do the B and C gates use the same security exit to the main terminal for connections?

sfo Sep 3, 2019 8:33 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 31484404)
How disabled is your friend? It can be a long walk to some of the gates. :)

He had a stroke, but can walk slowly now with his cane. I told him to meet me just after he passes through the quick security check for the arriving flight, his flight arrives about 15 minutes prior to mine. I am sure once he gets into the main terminal he can sit fairly close to where he exited the security area. I can order him a wheel chair but he seems to think he will be ok. Thanks for your reply.

RandomNobody Sep 3, 2019 9:59 am

Depending on which gate the incoming flight is, it's also potentially a long walk to the transit security checkpoint as well if it arrives at the far ends of the terminal. If you imagine TPE as an "H" shape, transit security is in the crossbar of the H. One on each side of the crossbar for both T1 and T2.

I haven't availed myself of the service, but I've observed very attentive wheelchair assistance if you wish to ask for it for your friend.

sfo Sep 3, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by RandomNobody (Post 31485913)
Depending on which gate the incoming flight is, it's also potentially a long walk to the transit security checkpoint as well if it arrives at the far ends of the terminal. If you imagine TPE as an "H" shape, transit security is in the crossbar of the H. One on each side of the crossbar for both T1 and T2.

I haven't availed myself of the service, but I've observed very attentive wheelchair assistance if you wish to ask for it for your friend.

Yes, have noticed in the on line booking there is a space for requesting wheel chair assistance. I will discuss this with him. If they take him from the aircraft through security and drop him off I will be able to find him after I clear security

lolstebbo Sep 3, 2019 10:53 am

[QUOTE=sfo;31485549]

Originally Posted by lolstebbo (Post 31484319)
All of BR's landside operations take place in T2, but they use B and C gates.[/QUOTE

Thanks appreciate your reply. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Do the B and C gates use the same security exit to the main terminal for connections?

Each concourse has their own transit security facility, but there's also a tram station roughly at the midpoint of each concourse while you're still in the arrivals corridor to help get people to the correct terminal for their arriving flight or speed up connectons.

username Sep 7, 2019 5:52 am

Arrival is at the lower level. Departure is on the upper level. However, at the gate area, one goes back down to the lower level to board the plane (there is stair and a small elevator at each gate).

https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/engl...sit-procedures describes what happens and https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/facilities_map has the maps.

I would definitely use the wheelchair service. The safest place to meet is probably the departure gate lower level (i.e. they take him all the way to the boarding area). The "earliest" meeting point would be at the corridor of one of your gates on the arrival level.

sfo Sep 7, 2019 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 31500233)
Arrival is at the lower level. Departure is on the upper level. However, at the gate area, one goes back down to the lower level to board the plane (there is stair and a small elevator at each gate).

https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/engl...sit-procedures describes what happens and https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/facilities_map has the maps.

I would definitely use the wheelchair service. The safest place to meet is probably the departure gate lower level (i.e. they take him all the way to the boarding area). The "earliest" meeting point would be at the corridor of one of your gates on the arrival level.

I do remember the stairs to the boarding area. I think the lower level at the boarding area is best. From there I can take him back up to the *A lounge, it's better than running around the airport looking for him.

BlackHappy Sep 7, 2019 5:30 pm

FWIW, the wheelchair service people in TPE have always been very professional and careful (in my experience). SEA is a completely different story—the handlers will push two at a time and race each other.

RandomNobody Sep 7, 2019 11:55 pm

There are two seating areas per gate. A smaller one at the departure level, and a much bigger one at the arrival level.

username Sep 8, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 31501930)
I do remember the stairs to the boarding area. I think the lower level at the boarding area is best. From there I can take him back up to the *A lounge, it's better than running around the airport looking for him.

If you want to take him to the lounge, I would say that the best place to meet is on the Departure Level where the "H" connects. Both the BR and SQ lounges are in the horizontal area of the H. If you are at a gate that is at the end of the H, that is a lot of extra walking.

What I don't know is if the Evergreen people can leave him at places other than the gate. I wonder if they can just take him to just outside the Evergreen Lounge - assuming your flight is on-time and you will be able to go to the lounge.

Is there even an elevator going up from the departure level to the level where the BR/SQ lounges are? There must be, right? I have never paid attention to that.

sfo Sep 8, 2019 7:26 pm

I do remember seeing an elevator up to the BR lounges if I remember correctly.
I think the departure area is the best for us to meet. But again, I don't want to run around looking for him, and I am not sure he could explain exactly where to meet me the wheelchair attendant, so will leave it for the departure area. I have been watching the departure gate for BKK and it seems pretty much to be in the lower numbered B gates, so keep my fingers crossed. Thanks to all that contributed information to my question, I certainly appreciate it

sfo Sep 8, 2019 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by BlackHappy (Post 31501991)
FWIW, the wheelchair service people in TPE have always been very professional and careful (in my experience). SEA is a completely different story—the handlers will push two at a time and race each other.

He won't be using the wheelchair at SEA for departures, he can manage on his own.