EVA air extended (1 week) layover?

Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus
EVA air extended (1 week) layover?

Does EVA air allow for extended layover in Taipei? More specifically, I'm looking to book a vacation where we spend 1 week in Bali and 1 week in Taiwan, flying from Los Angeles. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
Originally Posted by dingding0220
Does EVA air allow for extended layover in Taipei? More specifically, I'm looking to book a vacation where we spend 1 week in Bali and 1 week in Taiwan, flying from Los Angeles. Thanks!
This is a multi city ticket. Of course no issues there. Just book it as such.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:12 am

I thought a ticket with a layover would be priced the same as if it were a single flight (just that you board the second segment a few days later), whereas a multi-city ticket would be priced as if it were two separate flights. Or does it all get priced the same?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Layovers are less than 24 hours.

Stopovers are longer than 24 hours, but less than 1/3/6/12 months.

Some tickets allow free or cheap stopovers.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dingding0220
Originally Posted by 1337wafflez
This is a multi city ticket. Of course no issues there. Just book it as such.
In this situation, you generally do not want a "multi city ticket" as would likely be more expensive.

You want to look for a LAX-DPS-LAX fare that allows stopover in TPE. The rule would say if it is allowed and how much (+ the airport and departure taxes). The allowed length is usually the validity of the ticket minus the minimum stay required at your destination.
BlackHappy and FatManInNYC like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Use google maps and find a pair of dates when you want to travel to and from Bali, LAX-DPS, (Filter airline to Eva Air).
Once you find dates, then switch to multicity, keep the departure date (LAX-TPE-DPS) you found above, and return date you found above, but change return to TPE-DPS. Then, add another leg DPS-TPE somewhere in between these two dates, and see how much it prices. Keep changing the dates for DPS-TPE until you find a fare you are comfortable with.
then replicate this on EvaAir website, or use third parties such as Kayak/Expedia etc.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The word layover has no clearly defined meaning (despite the Bourdain series).

A connection is under 24 hours (sometimes extended to first available flight if later, regardless of whether seats are available on that flight) for international, usually under 4 hours (with the same possible extension) for domestic itineraries.

OP seems to want a STOPOVER. Some (usually not deep discount) fares permit this and some permit it for a fee (perhaps about $100)....or you can just book multicity (essentially three one way fares on the same ticket) or even do an open jaws ticket plus a separate OW ticket for DPS to TPE (or vv).
FatManInNYC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.