FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Eva Air Announces Da Nang (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1979959-eva-air-announces-da-nang.html)

hayzel7773 Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Eva Air Announces Da Nang

Effective Dec 21,2019, Eva Air will serve Da Nang (DAD) daily with the A321.

flyingeverywhere1 Jul 24, 2019 6:18 pm

I'm surprised to see Da Nang. Maybe they are eyeing for transit passenger from the US.. I thought Penang or Yangoon would have been launched first as they announced in the ChiangMai inauguration ceremony... Does anyone know if Penang or Yangoon still happening?

warrenw Jul 29, 2019 8:37 am

Doesn't surprise me - tourism is BOOMING in DAD.

mh3265a Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by warrenw (Post 31354462)
Doesn't surprise me - tourism is BOOMING in DAD.

Agree! This makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner. And I bet it's aimed at European and US connecting passengers.

Eclipsed830 Jul 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Wish this was from TSA! Da Nang is the perfect weekend getaway. My wife was looking at investment property in Da Nang a few years ago and I talked her out of it... regret that one! lol

Asquared1 Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pm

I was planning to do Hoi An and Hue, but save a little time and skip DaNang. Not really a beach person, is there a good reason to re-consider?

warrenw Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Eclipsed830 (Post 31360531)
Wish this was from TSA! Da Nang is the perfect weekend getaway. My wife was looking at investment property in Da Nang a few years ago and I talked her out of it... regret that one! lol

Yeah I would regret that too. Huge investment potential.

Originally Posted by Asquared1 (Post 31360763)
I was planning to do Hoi An and Hue, but save a little time and skip DaNang. Not really a beach person, is there a good reason to re-consider?

If you're not a beach person the only other reason would be for the food. Tons of great beaches and resorts in DaNang, that alone is the reason why we go.

Asquared1 Jul 31, 2019 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by warrenw (Post 31363018)
Yeah I would regret that too. Huge investment potential.

If you're not a beach person the only other reason would be for the food. Tons of great beaches and resorts in DaNang, that alone is the reason why we go.

Thanks, that's what I assumed. I am a bit of a foodie, but I figure between Hoi An, Hue, HCMC and Hanoi I'll get my fill.

warrenw Aug 1, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Asquared1 (Post 31364564)
Thanks, that's what I assumed. I am a bit of a foodie, but I figure between Hoi An, Hue, HCMC and Hanoi I'll get my fill.

In that case yeah you'll hit it all, especially if you're going to HCMC and Hanoi.

flyingeverywhere1 Aug 1, 2019 11:48 pm

Yes given how popular a tourist destination Da nang is, it's not surprising that the route is launched, especially there is no other fsc operating scheduled flights there from TPE. I just thought they would have prioritize Penang over Da Nang since there should be also good cargo volume from Penang. I guess CI already serves there that makes it harder for BR.

Virginia Emery Aug 19, 2019 11:55 am

Does anyone know traditionally how far ahead Eva releases J award seats to Aeroplan for these single aisle regional flights ? CNX looks to be about 2 months out as an example ?

Virginia Emery Nov 7, 2019 12:51 pm

(Not so) patiently waiting for this flight to become Aeroplan bookable...