Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Economy Basic (S Fare Class) - Refund Policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Looking to refund an Economy Basic (S Fare Class) ticket I bought a few weeks ago from TPE to ORD - flight is still 2.5 weeks out, so within the refund timeline (as I believe you have to submit a week in advance before flight's planned departure).

Can anyone shed guidance on how much I'd get back? Called customer service and they said to look at the website, and the website just asks you to submit for inquiry, but I'd hate to do that and then not get anything, especially if they end up on strike during my flight (as I believe CSR would cover it then). Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:54 pm

6000 TWD is the fee (one way). Not sure about the time limit... the fare rules seem to indicate it can be done anytime up until departure (at which point a no show fee of NTD 4500 applies).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henrus
6000 TWD is the fee (one way). Not sure about the time limit... the fare rules seem to indicate it can be done anytime up until departure (at which point a no show fee of NTD 4500 applies).
Ah gotcha - so it'd be the price I paid, less this amount? Per chance do you mind sharing a link / doc with the fare rules (or teach me how to find it, as I'm happy to look it up myself too)?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by hardworking21
Ah gotcha - so it'd be the price I paid, less this amount? Per chance do you mind sharing a link / doc with the fare rules (or teach me how to find it, as I'm happy to look it up myself too)?
Correct... so if you paid NT$30,000 for the ticket then the refund would be NT$24,000.

Two ways to find it...

Easiest is to go to the EVA website and enter in a random date but the same destination and if the basic economy appears then it'll show the fees upon clicking the show fare comparison button.

The other way is more complex but shows more details via the ITA Matrix
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You need to enter in the same destination but again pick a random date.

Below the destination box you need to select "advanced control"
This will make two new boxes appear.
Routing control and extension codes

In the routing code you want to put "C:BR" (without quotation marks)... that's the carrier you want to search with BR being EVA's code.
In the extension codes you want to put "F bc=S" (without quotation marks)... thats the Fare Booking class (BC) with S being the fare class you want to search.

Then put in a random date and hit search... it should come up with one flight result something like this

If it does not then try a different date as it could mean either S class is sold out or there is no EVA flight on that date.

Upon clicking on the price (in orange) you get a full fare breakdown

Clicking on the rules section will show the full fare rules... just make sure you're looking at the Economy S fare rules (should show it above the blue box)
In the fare rules you'd be looking for "Category 16: Penalties".
hardworking21 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you - this is very helpful!

Originally Posted by henrus
Correct... so if you paid NT$30,000 for the ticket then the refund would be NT$24,000.

Two ways to find it...

Easiest is to go to the EVA website and enter in a random date but the same destination and if the basic economy appears then it'll show the fees upon clicking the show fare comparison button.

The other way is more complex but shows more details via the ITA Matrix
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You need to enter in the same destination but again pick a random date.

Below the destination box you need to select "advanced control"
This will make two new boxes appear.
Routing control and extension codes

In the routing code you want to put "C:BR" (without quotation marks)... that's the carrier you want to search with BR being EVA's code.
In the extension codes you want to put "F bc=S" (without quotation marks)... thats the Fare Booking class (BC) with S being the fare class you want to search.

Then put in a random date and hit search... it should come up with one flight result something like this

If it does not then try a different date as it could mean either S class is sold out or there is no EVA flight on that date.

Upon clicking on the price (in orange) you get a full fare breakdown

Clicking on the rules section will show the full fare rules... just make sure you're looking at the Economy S fare rules (should show it above the blue box)
In the fare rules you'd be looking for "Category 16: Penalties".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.