Wiki Posts
Search

Hello Kitty Livery on TPE-ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Hello Kitty Livery on TPE-ORD?

Hello,

I will be booking my TPE-ORD flight in the coming weeks.

I would like to be extra sure that it will be a plane with the HK livery.

My dates are flexible, travelling anywhere between February 25, 2020 and March 5, 2020.

I've seen the page where they list the route changes but I'm afraid that between the time I book my flight and next February, they could change the TPE-ORD route.

Is there a fixed date when they decide to change routes or I'm good booking now for next Feb?

Thanks very much!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I've been on 3 different flights, and have 1 upcoming this summer, so I understand your angst.

Once you are on the Hello Kitty page, it does say equipment changes are possible.

Hello Kitty Jet Travels with You! | Timetable
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. It's unclear to me whether or not the green dots mean that it will be a plane with the HK livery.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
Thanks for the link. It's unclear to me whether or not the green dots mean that it will be a plane with the HK livery.
You need to have

to be Kitty but even that is not 100% certain.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
Hello,

I will be booking my TPE-ORD flight in the coming weeks.

I would like to be extra sure that it will be a plane with the HK livery.

My dates are flexible, travelling anywhere between February 25, 2020 and March 5, 2020.

I've seen the page where they list the route changes but I'm afraid that between the time I book my flight and next February, they could change the TPE-ORD route.

Is there a fixed date when they decide to change routes or I'm good booking now for next Feb?

Thanks very much!
They can swap whenever, even the day-of. You will just have to hope that they keep the plane on the route.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks to you all.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
Just out of curiosity: what is so special about the HK planes ? Difference in service or seats ?
According to that above mentioned link I am flying on BR 56 with a HK plane

Last edited by witthuus; Jun 14, 2019 at 5:41 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is only special for people who are into Hello Kitty and her friends For others, it might be annoying.
witthuus, Asquared1 and moondog like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
When HK used to fly to IAH, I got the full HK experience 3 out of 4 flights on the IAH-TPE run. On my my last TPE-IAH flight, we were on the HK plane, but they did not provide any of the HK amenities, including the HK-themed safety information card.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
I was on a Sanrio Characters livery plane from TPE-DPS in July and DPS-TPE in early August. I don't think it was an official HK plane but it did have HK service and amenities including safety card, sick bag, cutlery, place mat, sugar packets, snack pouch, head rest covers, pillows and hand soap in the lav. For my returns flights I had all four boarding passes printed out on HK card stock. I'm not really that into Hello Kitty but it was fun to see all the special touches.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by witthuus
Just out of curiosity: what is so special about the HK planes ? Difference in service or seats ?
According to that above mentioned link I am flying on BR 56 with a HK plane
Ditto this question. It appears my upcoming ORD-TPE-ORD flights are slated to be HK. As a grown man on a business trip, I have no interest in folly, so I hope one onboard, this is no HK silliness.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Ditto this question. It appears my upcoming ORD-TPE-ORD flights are slated to be HK. As a grown man on a business trip, I have no interest in folly, so I hope one onboard, this is no HK silliness.
Congrats on being a grown man on a business trip?

I don't care about Hello Kitty either but I wouldn't deride the concept as "folly." It's a unique experience and EVA does a pretty good job at incorporating into as many service items as possible which for fans must be a great experience. There are grown men and women who appreciate it and seek it out and that's totally up to them. Just like there are people who seek out the Star Wars Livery planes and get all giddy about it (I also am not a star wars fan).
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
There’s also the Rose instead of the regular VC Grande Dame. I suppose someone who strongly prefers the Rose might chase after HK flights even if they have no interest in Sanrio characters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.