EVA Website Booking: Fare Disappearing?

Old May 28, 19, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
EVA Website Booking: Fare Disappearing?

I was going to book 3 one-way PE tickets YYZ-TPE for October 21 at $1009 CAD each (PE basic). As I was going through the booking process and filled out the passport info etc., just before payment, I thought of checking our hotel reservation, so I closed down the EVA booking window on chrome.

Less than 5 minutes I came back to book the same tickets, and they are gone. Gone.

...??

Now I can only find the $1300+ tickets. Sigh

I found it strange that within 5 minutes those tickets would be purchased by someone else...

If those tickets donít come back in one day Iím going to book Air Canada or something just out of spite.
Old May 28, 19, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I am not familiar with BR's fare bucket inventory, but EF shows below:

C9 J9 D9 K9 L9 T9 P1 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 S9 W0 V0 A0

Maybe you will have to buy 1 P, and 2 T fares.

Why would it be strange? Many airlines have the "2 tickets remaining at this price" or something to that effect. Perhaps they are trying to get you to "Buy Now!", but in my experience, it really is down to the last couple of seats at that fare offering.

Once, my friend and I counted down and clicked the fare button for an AC flight when it said there was only 1 ticket left at that price point or fare bucket (a check on EF confirmed that that was the case). His timed out and returned an error message while I got that last fare.
Old May 28, 19, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Thank you.

Could it be that the system may be stuck in thinking I booked those three tickets or is holding the tickets? If I wait for 24 hours will those tickets be released?

It was strange that all 3 tickets were gone in under 5 minutes.

I will wait for a day, if not I will book T fare. Sigh
Old May 28, 19, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
It would be nice if BR gives us an idea as to the number of seats remaining at the price point we would like to buy, but honestly, my experience with BR is if you see an attractive fare, grab it.

We just bought 2 round-trip tickets; they were $3200 EACH. I had tracked the price for a month, no budge, so sigh, we bought it.

Went back and made a dummy booking for the identical itinerary, and it had jumped to $4600. Whew!
Old May 28, 19, 8:37 pm

I have had this happen before where the website stated that only a few seats were remaining, and I got cut off in the booking process and tried to restart it afterwards In that case, the tickets came back after a while -- I don't recall exactly how long, but it was probably after a few hours.

Also immediate payment is only required for tickets booked through the website. For tickets booked by phone or through an agent, the seats can be held for a period of time before payment is required. Sometimes it's only a day or two, sometimes longer. Either way, you'll sometimes see cheaper tickets open up later on if the people holding those bookings let the payment period expire.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: