Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
For Latest Information
  • Agreement has been reached. BR expects to resume full schedule by 20 July for flights out of TPE
  • Strike Information Page:
    • English: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html Chinese
    • 中文: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/emer/strikeinfo.html
  • Flight Status Page:
  • News Releases (Chinese as it is more current): https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/?page=1&filter=Travel+Advisory
  • Hello Kitty Services suspended during the strike
  • In-Flight services are streamlined + no duty-free sales due to reduced staffing onboard
Real Life Accounts / Advises on How Problems Should be / are Getting Handled History of Strike (reverse chronological order, all times TPE (GMT +8))
  • 2019/07/06 - Agreement was reached, full schedule is expected by the end of July
  • 2019/07/02 - negotiation session did not resolve the strike. Strike continues
  • 2019/06/29 Evening - more disagreements during negotiations to hammer out new agreement. Strike continue
  • 2019/06/29 3:39PM - Union announced the FAs voted to end the strike, pending new agreement being drafted and signed
  • 2019/06/29 12:00PM, flight attendant vote to determine whether to continue the strike concluded
  • 2019/06/20 2:09PM, strike announced starting 16:00 TPE Time (GMT +8) on 6/20
  • 2019/06/20 1PM TPE Time: Negotiation Session started and was broadcast live. Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzS5W_LaIM and the dramatic moment is at 1:08 into the video
Reference
Print Wikipost

Flight Attendants Strike Vote

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
EVA has been fined NT 400K for the butt wiping incident. Reason from Taoyuan Ministry of Labor was unfair gender practice reported by Kuo earlier this year.

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
I heard they had a closed-door internal meeting. And they’re scheduled to meet again on the 15th and 16th. I guess with the strike over, this is just considered an internal meeting without any press.
hayzel already updated you on that so I won't go further. It's not any meeting with the union.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
hayzel already updated you on that so I won't go further. It's not any meeting with the union.
If you do know the details from the discussion, I would like to hear. Supposedly, some strikers asked for full benefits to be restored (and to exclude the non-strikers). And this time, Mr. Sun said they would think about it--whatever that means.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:21 am

If you do know the details from the discussion, I would like to hear. Supposedly, some strikers asked for full benefits to be restored (and to exclude the non-strikers). And this time, Mr. Sun said they would think about it--whatever that means.
These meetings have nothing to do with the benefits you said. It's more like an information panel between the CEO/President and the CP/DP on what happens after the strike and what measures need to be taken.

What you said about the benefits would be restored, what I heard from the press was:
1. As a new benefit, BR will allow free ticket and discount ticket application immediately for the non-strikers.
2. In 2 months, BR will consider free ticket and/or discount ticket application for those who joined the strike but was not marked as strike (indicating those that returned before 6/28 who have their schedule marked blank rather than strike for those missing days).
3. Those who participated strike throughout, no comments were made on them.

In no where did I heard full benefit will be restored for anyone, including those who did not strike. Meaning, there is no such thing called restoration (as that's against the law by discrimination for a particular group). Also, yearly bonus is still not guaranteed for anyone, including those who did not strike. As for bonus for helping the company during the strike, we already know the double pay each day for working and additional one-time 20K and 10K for CP and DPs. Bonus for those who assisted, such as CSR, ticketing center, etc. have yet to be determined as there are different degrees in terms of extra work due to the strike.

Likely there will be no yearly bonus or maybe 1 month bonus. Frankly I think EVA will be willing to give one-time bonuses to those who helped in a different name and just call it a year. It's only fair these FAs who participated in strike don't receive any benefits per the 5/8 announcement for the coming 3 years.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
These meetings have nothing to do with the benefits you said. It's more like an information panel between the CEO/President and the CP/DP on what happens after the strike and what measures need to be taken.

What you said about the benefits would be restored, what I heard from the press was:
1. As a new benefit, BR will allow free ticket and discount ticket application immediately for the non-strikers.
2. In 2 months, BR will consider free ticket and/or discount ticket application for those who joined the strike but was not marked as strike (indicating those that returned before 6/28 who have their schedule marked blank rather than strike for those missing days).
3. Those who participated strike throughout, no comments were made on them.

In no where did I heard full benefit will be restored for anyone, including those who did not strike. Meaning, there is no such thing called restoration (as that's against the law by discrimination for a particular group). Also, yearly bonus is still not guaranteed for anyone, including those who did not strike. As for bonus for helping the company during the strike, we already know the double pay each day for working and additional one-time 20K and 10K for CP and DPs. Bonus for those who assisted, such as CSR, ticketing center, etc. have yet to be determined as there are different degrees in terms of extra work due to the strike.

Likely there will be no yearly bonus or maybe 1 month bonus. Frankly I think EVA will be willing to give one-time bonuses to those who helped in a different name and just call it a year. It's only fair these FAs who participated in strike don't receive any benefits per the 5/8 announcement for the coming 3 years.
Even though the benefits were not on the agenda of the meetings, they were discussed during Q and A—unless we are talking about different meetings.

For 2 (those who have blank schedule or C_L), they already have access to ZED tickets but not BR ID tickets.

Overall morale at the company seems pretty bad. Classmates on different sides of the picket line are ignoring each other, daily counter and 8th floor are tired of the constant calls about ID tickets, CAs worries that they’ll be picked on by union DPs, etc.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum

Even though the benefits were not on the agenda of the meetings, they were discussed during Q and A—unless we are talking about different meetings.

For 2 (those who have blank schedule or C_L), they already have access to ZED tickets but not BR ID tickets.

Overall morale at the company seems pretty bad. Classmates on different sides of the picket line are ignoring each other, daily counter and 8th floor are tired of the constant calls about ID tickets, CAs worries that they’ll be picked on by union DPs, etc.
In other words- passengers can now pick on the DP/AP since majority of them were on strike.

Plus its easy to tell who are the union member.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme

In other words- passengers can now pick on the DP/AP since majority of them were on strike.

they might even make it easier for you. There’s talks about union members wearing a badge or something to show unity.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:53 am

Kuo is currently reporting to the police on the incident after postponing.

We are likely talking about the same meeting, but I didn't know what was discussed during Q&A. I heard about the ZED ticket too, but wasn't certain.

The current situation within the company is normal to me. To be honest I won't be surprised EVA eventually gets rid them all. They will find a reason to do so.

Originally Posted by krispykrme

Majority DPs, some CPs. During strike period most CPs were temporarily demoted to DPs and Service Instructor came down to assist in the DP role.

they might even make it easier for you. There’s talks about union members wearing a badge or something to show unity.
Oh yea, they are going to make a badge for those who were part of the strike till the end (jog till the end). Those who jumped ships won't get it.

What a waste of money.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat

The Q&A regarding the travel tickets was because someone asked if the company would consider accelerating the return schedule of the tickets for strikers if the company performed well at the end of the year and the FA in question had good performance reviews. They said they would consider it.
BR already said they will not allow anyone to wear anything outside of uniform standards. They wouldn't even let TFAU people pin TFAU pins on their carry-on bags. Managers demanded they be removed and the FA's complied cause the union had told them to comply as it was against company regulations. The orange ribbons had already made the company pretty ticked off.

If you want to find a striker, just look for an AP/DP with an orange ribbon on their lanyard or luggage. It's not hard to identify them. Some of them were complaining to DC and 8th floor that they felt they are being targeted by FFs with complaints just because of their union membership prior to the strike. The DC and 8th floor ignored them.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:20 pm

Can someone tell me what all these terms mean DP, CP, DC etc?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by diverg
Can someone tell me what all these terms mean DP, CP, DC etc?
Deputy purser, chief purser, daily counter.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Eva Air reports that following ex-FA Guo’s comments, the USDOT received multiple complaints and reports, and have contacted BR for a resolution and statement!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:51 am

Deputy purser Chou who was part of the early striker on 6/20 who refused to board their flight at duty time and left for strike at 1600 was reported that she asked for a 1 year leave for personal reasons.

She applied for this before investigation started on the refuse to fly incident on 6/20 and the leave will start 7/25 for 1 year.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:30 am

Company said those who were STI the whole time and those who were STI part of the time can now request flights and days-off. The difference is that anyone who worked during the strike can have 2 extra DOs. Not sure what happens to, say, those who took vacation/sick days during that time.

I think ID tickets are still just limited to those who worked the whole time.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Just wondering for those who submitted 250USD reimbursment to eva website, did you get the reimbursement yet?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Government instructs EVA to stop bearing grudges

today that yet again the arrogance of the EVA management is shining through and various bullying tactics are still being employed against people who joined the strike. Staff shortages being reported at an all time high leading to questions on cabin safety. I bet it wont be long before Starlux starts poaching staff with lots of promises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.