Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
For Latest Information
  • Agreement has been reached. BR expects to resume full schedule by 20 July for flights out of TPE
  • Strike Information Page:
    • English: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html Chinese
    • 中文: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/emer/strikeinfo.html
  • Flight Status Page:
  • News Releases (Chinese as it is more current): https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/?page=1&filter=Travel+Advisory
  • Hello Kitty Services suspended during the strike
  • In-Flight services are streamlined + no duty-free sales due to reduced staffing onboard
Real Life Accounts / Advises on How Problems Should be / are Getting Handled History of Strike (reverse chronological order, all times TPE (GMT +8))
  • 2019/07/06 - Agreement was reached, full schedule is expected by the end of July
  • 2019/07/02 - negotiation session did not resolve the strike. Strike continues
  • 2019/06/29 Evening - more disagreements during negotiations to hammer out new agreement. Strike continue
  • 2019/06/29 3:39PM - Union announced the FAs voted to end the strike, pending new agreement being drafted and signed
  • 2019/06/29 12:00PM, flight attendant vote to determine whether to continue the strike concluded
  • 2019/06/20 2:09PM, strike announced starting 16:00 TPE Time (GMT +8) on 6/20
  • 2019/06/20 1PM TPE Time: Negotiation Session started and was broadcast live. Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzS5W_LaIM and the dramatic moment is at 1:08 into the video
Reference
Print Wikipost

Flight Attendants Strike Vote

Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BlackHappy

Is this the one they call 小辣椒? given her personality, most people were surprised she was acting like a tearful victim after the butt-wiping incident.
Yes. She is an AP, which means she’s responsible for serving the pilots/heating their meals so her comments r quite serious.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by hayzel7773

Yes. She is an AP, which means she’s responsible for serving the pilots/heating their meals so her comments r quite serious.
I thought she was L4 on that flight, so she should be a DP. In any case, how stupid can you be to send this to your entire class?!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Just filed formal complaint with FAA and EASA.

This is ridiculous. People like these shouldn’t be flying.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:44 pm

I thought she was L4 on that flight, so she should be a DP. In any case, how stupid can you be to send this to your entire class?!
The problem is widespread.

she isn’t the only one bullying.

there were additional DP and AP making similar bullying comment. This including one pilot as well.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by krispykrme

The problem is widespread.

she isn’t the only one bullying.

there were additional DP and AP making similar bullying comment. This including one pilot as well.
She was the one who went on stage during the last vote to go against the other leaders, and to ask the members to give her 10 more days. Hard to imagine she has that many allies in the company, but most are probably afraid of her.

it doesn’t matter, but I would translate it more as “pick on” as opposed to “bully.” Ie, like a teacher asking really hard questions to a specific student.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:18 pm

She was the one who went on stage during the last vote to go against the other leaders, and to ask the members to give her 10 more days. Hard to imagine she has that many allies in the company, but most are probably afraid of her.

it doesn’t matter, but I would translate it more as “pick on” as opposed to “bully.” Ie, like a teacher asking really hard questions to a specific student.
You should read what it’s said in the picture.

She and other DP/AP used number 80 which phonics means bullying in Chinese.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:49 pm

You should read what it’s said in the picture.

She and other DP/AP used number 80 which phonics means bullying in Chinese.
Okay. That was beyond me—I only understood 電。
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

Is this the one they call 小辣椒? given her personality, most people were surprised she was acting like a tearful victim after the butt-wiping incident.
Originally Posted by hayzel7773

The union claims they contacted her, and she claims that someone else used her photo to make those comments.

I don't really buy it.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Dave510
The union claims they contacted her, and she claims that someone else used her photo to make those comments.

I don't really buy it.
Hahaha, as if.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Dave510

I don't really buy it.
She’s a liar. Plain and simple.
I guess she also bullies junior colleagues frequently.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
EVA has removed the FA (Kuo) from her duty on board as of 7/10 (strike ends 7/9 23:59). She is a DP on EVA.

She will be performing FA duty on ground, assisting ground duties or be contacted for hearings and other errands.

She claimed her phone was stolen or someone hacked her account. EVA has filed a police report on her behalf.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by z4017

She’s a liar. Plain and simple.
I guess she also bullies junior colleagues frequently.
I am pretty sure DHS, EASA, and FAA will take this seriously .

To threaten flight crew is a serious offense. Hope her visas will be cancelled and she will be grounded for a long time.

Whether she did it out of spite or emotional outburst, she is a flight attendant that is responsible for everyone safety. If she can’t control her emotion, she is a danger to flying public.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I am pretty sure DHS, EASA, and FAA will take this seriously .

To threaten flight crew is a serious offense. Hope her visas will be cancelled and she will be grounded for a long time.

Whether she did it out of spite or emotional outburst, she is a flight attendant that is responsible for everyone safety. If she can’t control her emotion, she is a danger to flying public.

Just filed formal complaint with FAA and EASA.

This is ridiculous. People like these shouldn’t be flying.
While I don't believe this FA as well, but getting this to FAA and EASA could well cause more problems for EVA than the FA herself?

I am not sure if FAA or EASA will rescind her visa, more or so they may require EVA to not let this FA (or those FAs who strike in general) to serve flights on/to America/Europe, or if considered severe, even ban EVA from flying.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103

While I don't believe this FA as well, but getting this to FAA and EASA could well cause more problems for EVA than the FA herself?

I am not sure if FAA or EASA will rescind her visa, more or so they may require EVA to not let this FA (or those FAs who strike in general) to serve flights on/to America/Europe, or if considered severe, even ban EVA from flying.
I understand the consequences. But public safety first. BR management has its hands tied because of Taiwanese government. The only way to force this issue to be settled once for all is to get other law enforcement agency involved.

Her visa issue will be dealt with by DHS. It’s flying public safety that is more important here.
coolfish1103 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
BR has released their final strike statement.

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/abo...s.html?filter=

Hats off to management throughout this ridiculous situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.