Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

How to be sure to select a Hello Kitty route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm looking to redeem an award flight on Eva but would love to be on an Hello Kitty flight from Asia to North America next winter. I saw on Eva's website that they announce routes changes beforehand. If, for example, I can see this: "Effective October 27, 2019, BR8/BR7 (Taipei – San Francisco) will be serviced with Hello Kitty jets and Hello Kitty service", how long should this route fly the Hello Kitty planes? for a year? Less? How do the schedules work?

Thank you
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Who knows what their schedule will be when you book so far in advance? I booked several EVA segments on points in December which was just completed in July and August. I checked their Hello Kitty aircraft schedule at the time of booking and sadly resigned myself that it would not work out with the 4 segments I had for the travel times I needed. When I walked into the boarding lounge at TPE headed to DPS I was pleasantly surprised to see the aircraft painted with Sanrio Friends on the side. On the return flight it was the same plane.According to EVA my flights were not on the actual Hello Kitty plane but the HK service was still entertaining enough, as was te HK theme lounge and store at TPE.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fragola
Who knows what their schedule will be when you book so far in advance? I booked several EVA segments on points in December which was just completed in July and August. I checked their Hello Kitty aircraft schedule at the time of booking and sadly resigned myself that it would not work out with the 4 segments I had for the travel times I needed. When I walked into the boarding lounge at TPE headed to DPS I was pleasantly surprised to see the aircraft painted with Sanrio Friends on the side. On the return flight it was the same plane.According to EVA my flights were not on the actual Hello Kitty plane but the HK service was still entertaining enough, as was te HK theme lounge and store at TPE.
Thanks Fragola! I’m really looking forward that flight. Where is the HK lounge located?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg

Thanks Fragola! I’m really looking forward that flight. Where is the HK lounge located?
@Mae Zieg The HK lounge is in Terminal 2 gate C3 at TPE. The HK gift store is next door. When I was there it opened around 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday and was busy right away. There are many theme lounges at TPE that are open for anyone to sit inside as they do not require a boarding pass to access. The actual gate lounges are downstairs and just a plain room filled with rows of seats. My flight did not leave from this gate. There are several HK/Sanrio themed planes so logistically this wouldn't make sense. There is a good review with photos here: https://onemileatatime.com/hello-kitty-taipei-airport/ I did not go on the HK bus nor have access to the Terminal 2 HK check area unlike the blogger since I was on a layover. More photos here: https://onemileatatime.com/review-ta...lo-kitty-gate/
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I had my first BR flight earlier this month, and it happened to be on the DPS-TPE route, so I got the Sanrio one. I was going to take a Hello Kitty barf bag, for my 6 year old, but decided not to.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:24 am

I took the theme plastic cutlery and swizzle stick.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.