Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to credit EVA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Where to credit EVA?

I did a search, but couldn't find any good recent threads.

I have an upcoming J flight from HKG to SFO on BR, and although I used wheretocredit, I still can't decide where to actually credit.

My main problem is that I'm not an extremely frequent flier. I pretty much take 4-6 regional flights Asia flights a year, with an occasional long haul somewhere and typically in economy... The Asian programs all have hard expiration policies that make it difficult for me to build up sufficient miles. As a relatively infrequent flyer compared to the rest of you, which EVA partner would be best for me to start focusing on? I do have Citi TYP, Chase UR, and CapOne Venture Miles as well, so a program that can be transferred into from one of these is probably best.

Anyone have some tips as to which program might work best for me?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I credit to OZ (Asiana) for the easy Diamond at 40k in 2 years (which gives *G). Mileage expiry is 10 years for general/Gold members and 12 years for Diamonds and up. However, no CC transfer partners, although transferring from [Marriott] is a possibility to avoid orphaning miles. Lifetime Diamond at 500k is a solid benefit but I always recommend against factoring in lifetime status when choosing an FFP.

There are a lot of 50% and 0% credit economy classes, though, so really have to pay attention to specific carriers and fare classes: https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/conten...alliance-miles

BR J does credit at 1.25 (all classes) so a HKG-TPE-SFO r/t will almost get you halfway to 40k.

Last edited by gengar; Mar 20, 2019 at 6:43 am Reason: clarify Marriott, not AMEX
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
I credit to OZ (Asiana) for the easy Diamond at 40k in 2 years (which gives *G). Mileage expiry is 10 years for general/Gold members and 12 years for Diamonds and up. However, no CC transfer partners, although transferring from [Marriott] is a possibility to avoid orphaning miles. Lifetime Diamond at 500k is a solid benefit but I always recommend against factoring in lifetime status when choosing an FFP.
Thanks for the feedback. Are there a lot of sweet spots from Asia to Europe/NA/Australia? Particularly from HKG?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Asiamiles, OZ Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by baroqen
Thanks for the feedback. Are there a lot of sweet spots from Asia to Europe/NA/Australia? Particularly from HKG?
With Star alliance awards, the sweet spot for HKG for long haul business class would be to Europe, North America and Oceania at 120,000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.