Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Lounge/shower situation with BR lounges in Taipei and alternatives

Old Mar 10, 19, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Transiting in Taipei twice, once between 930am and 11pm, another between 530am and 7am. Knowing how crowded and nothing-to-write-home-about the BR lounges are in general, if I am flying business class and am also in possession of the Cathay Elite Credit Card, I am wondering if it may be better to just go to the bigger Plaza Premium lounge in T2 (open 24 hours) and/or Singapore Airlines lounge (for the morning transit). Thoughts from anyone who have been to these two as an alternative to the BR lounges ?
Old Mar 10, 19, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is a great question. I'm curious as well. Have had bad experiences trying to use the BR Infinity/Star showers during the early morning transit to BKK . . . long waits, tiny shower cubicles.
Old Mar 11, 19, 6:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
SQ lounge is more quiet.

PP lounge has quite big showers honestly. Food options have always been the same... mornings can get pretty crowded but I still find a seat somehow in comparison to the eva lounges.
Old Mar 11, 19, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Very limited sample size and haven't visited either shower facility since 2017, but IME during the morning arrival rush, the wait for showers at PP can be just as bad as at Infinity.

Also, PP shower amenities were very poor - basically they just handed me one towel. The Infinity shower amenities were far superior.
Old Mar 12, 19, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

What about the food offerings across the three lounges ?
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Accor , ANA, Avios
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
This is a great question. I'm curious as well. Have had bad experiences trying to use the BR Infinity/Star showers during the early morning transit to BKK . . . long waits, tiny shower cubicles.
Don't understand the "tiny shower cubicle" comment. In the BR Infinity they are a good size. In Star there is no toilet in the shower room which is definitely a disadvantage....
Lentibear likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: