Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Premium Economy Space After Passenger Reclines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, I could not find it.

I'm considering a longhaul flight on EVA Premium Economy (I flew business and enjoyed it a lot, this time I'm flying with someone and thinking of getting the two adjacent seats in PE).

My concern is what happens if the passenger in front of me reclines all the way. How much does this interfere with my own personal space.

(I'm 6'4" 225 lbs).

Will I still be able to cross my legs? Get in and out of seat as needed?

Note, I do not plan to recline my seat (I can't sleep even in business class), and plan to stay up and use the laptop or watch TV the whole way through.

Thank you.

(Bonus question: How is the PE toilet versus Business class? Same size or will it be a tight squeeze)?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by NeilSJC

I'm considering a longhaul flight on EVA Premium Economy (I flew business and enjoyed it a lot, this time I'm flying with someone and thinking of getting the two adjacent seats in PE).

My concern is what happens if the passenger in front of me reclines all the way. How much does this interfere with my own personal space.

(I'm 6'4" 225 lbs).

Note, I do not plan to recline my seat (I can't sleep even in business class), and plan to stay up and use the laptop or watch TV the whole way through.

Thank you.

(Bonus question: How is the PE toilet versus Business class? Same size or will it be a tight squeeze)?
I’m 6’1” 225lb and thick at the waist. I’ve flown in PE on EVA 777 many times. I only choose aisle seats as getting in and out with 38” pitch is cumbersome. As for crossing your legs, not easy but possible, but with people or carts in the aisle you’d find your leg getting hit.

Bonus answer: There is NO bathroom in the PE section so you either go back to the coach section (where on at least one side there is a good size handicap restroom) and some go up to business class restrooms.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian

Bonus answer: There is NO bathroom in the PE section so you either go back to the coach section (where on at least one side there is a good size handicap restroom) and some go up to business class restrooms.
What?! This is completely wrong.
hayzel7773 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
There are two restrooms in PE section. The PE restroom size are the same as in Y class.
hayzel7773 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Pe lavatories

For some of my tpac travels, One consideration factor I personally choose BR is because of the PE-specific lavatories compared to SQ. It's a key differentiator as the restrooms are still relatively well maintained as it's dedicated to PE pax. Ymmv of course.
​​​​​
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
[removed apparently incorrect information]

Last edited by gengar; Feb 26, 2019 at 6:33 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by NeilSJC

(I'm 6'4" 225 lbs).

The front pax leaning all the way back should not affect your use of the tray table (since it pops out from the arm rest). It should also not affect your leg room or the use of foot pedals. If you're big, it can be a bit tight getting in and out of seat although probably no worse than doing the same in Y with the seat in front upright. I don't know about crossing your legs... it may be tight if you have to cross legs.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by yewgene
For some of my tpac travels, One consideration factor I personally choose BR is because of the PE-specific lavatories compared to SQ. It's a key differentiator as the restrooms are still relatively well maintained as it's dedicated to PE pax. Ymmv of course.
​​​​​
That is a consideration for me also, although on certain flights Y pax flood the PE lavs nonetheless. The reason why this happens is that the crew sometimes does not fully close the curtain between Y and PE cabins. If they don't strap the curtain over the hooks, then the curtain becomes less of a barrier and opens the floodgate of Y pax coming up front to use PE lavs. On my recent trip, the return flight crew was good about this and no Y pax came up. On the outbound flight, though, I actually decided to hook-close the curtain myself because of the incessant influx of Y pax, but then someone (presumably FA) unhooked the curtain afterwards and the floodgate continued.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by gengar
Calm down, folks. There are three configurations (currently in service) for the BR 77W, all with different lavatory configurations. I believe it's the 77A (39/56/238) that has no lavs between PE/Y, 77M (38/64/221) and 77B (39/56/258) also have different configs but have lavs between PE/Y.

EDIT TO ADD: See https://www.evaair.com/en-us/flying-...777-300er.html
There are lavatories in all PE cabins on BR.
hayzel7773 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian

I’m 6’1” 225lb and thick at the waist. I’ve flown in PE on EVA 777 many times. I only choose aisle seats as getting in and out with 38” pitch is cumbersome. As for crossing your legs, not easy but possible, but with people or carts in the aisle you’d find your leg getting hit.

Calm down, folks. There are three configurations (currently in service) for the BR 77W, all with different lavatory configurations. I believe it's the 77A (39/56/238) that has no lavs between PE/Y, 77M (38/64/221) and 77B (39/56/258) also have different configs but have lavs between PE/Y.

EDIT TO ADD: See https://www.evaair.com/en-us/flying-...777-300er.html
Originally Posted by BlackHappy

There are lavatories in all PE cabins on BR.

Ignore Gengar and Bear4Asian's posts. Both are completely wrong and giving bad information. Blackhappy is completely correct.

There are restrooms in ALL PE cabins on the 777s, regardless of the type. On the 77A/B (which is the same exact layout except for Y), the restrooms are located on the sides (behind the pair seats, one on each side). On the 77M, the restrooms are located in the middle (behind the 4 seats, one facing each side). The lavs are the same size throughout the plane, except for the handicap accessible ones.
BlackHappy likes this.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 26, 2019 at 5:03 pm Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Ignore Gengar and Bear4Asian's posts. Both are completely wrong and giving bad information. Blackhappy is completely correct.
Overly harsh, as I only relayed what is on BR's website and was very specific with my word choice. I'll defer to your knowledge, but then BR's website is wrong for multiple configurations.

Last edited by gengar; Feb 26, 2019 at 6:44 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Overly harsh, as I only relayed what is on BR's website and was very specific with my word choice. I'll defer to your knowledge, but then BR's website is wrong for multiple configurations.
My apologies if it was overly harsh.

BR’s website clearly show the restrooms; it’s just that different restrooms have different markings because the seatmaps shown online are exact scans from the emergency handbook, and they have been uploaded at different times hence different versions. The seatmap is supposed to be for you to identify seating and not restrooms so they do not properly mark them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.