Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Compensation procedures for cancelled Eva Air flights?

Old Feb 18, 19, 11:27 am
Original Poster

I suffered through two cancellations with Eva Air on Jan 21st and Jan 22nd before I finally got Eva to book me on a different flight to BKK with BA. (36 hours later!) This was LHR to BKK, BR68 and BR68D. I've tried to input my e-ticket number into Eva's compensation page but it returns with an error.

Any idea who to send my request for compensation to? Plus, any other tips?

Many Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 19, 11:51 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Brettabroad View Post
I suffered through two cancellations with Eva Air on Jan 21st and Jan 22nd before I finally got Eva to book me on a different flight to BKK with BA. (36 hours later!) This was LHR to BKK, BR68 and BR68D. I've tried to input my e-ticket number into Eva's compensation page but it returns with an error.

Any idea who to send my request for compensation to? Plus, any other tips?

Many Thanks!
You were on those infamous flights!

I would suggest calling in if the website does not work. Are you looking for EU261 or a refund? If it's a refund, the page online will not work. The moment you took the flight, it'll automatically purge you from the refund portal. You will need to call in and inquire about obtaining a refund. If you are trying to get EU261, you need to call in. Be nice, and ask to speak with a manager. If they are confused, HUACA.
Brettabroad likes this.
Old Feb 18, 19, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post

I would suggest calling in if the website does not work. Are you looking for EU261 or a refund? If it's a refund, the page online will not work. The moment you took the flight, it'll automatically purge you from the refund portal. You will need to call in and inquire about obtaining a refund. If you are trying to get EU261, you need to call in. Be nice, and ask to speak with a manager. If they are confused, HUACA.
Yes, it's the EU261 I will be asking for. Not sure whether I'm due €600 or €1200 though. Any idea what the time limit is for asking for refunds? I only just returned from Asia.
Old Feb 18, 19, 4:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Yes, it's the EU261 I will be asking for. Not sure whether I'm due €600 or €1200 though. Any idea what the time limit is for asking for refunds? I only just returned from Asia.
You only get one EC261 compensation per delayed arrival. It doesn’t make any difference if you are 4 hours or 36 hours late and how many flights were cancelled.
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
You only get one EC261 compensation per delayed arrival. It doesn’t make any difference if you are 4 hours or 36 hours late and how many flights were cancelled.
If OP's original flight was canceled and then OP was confirmed on a new flight and that flight was also canceled, then OP should certainly file two claims.
Old Feb 18, 19, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
If OP's original flight was canceled and then OP was confirmed on a new flight and that flight was also canceled, then OP should certainly file two claims.
Although you had two flights, BR may attempt to merge into one or inform you that the crew time out was "extraordinary circumstances". I don't know of the time limit, though you should still be able to ask for compensation. You just need to call them and request EC261 x2.
Old Feb 19, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post

Refund? The OP got rebooked to BA by BR so there is no refund due for sure.

I'm almost certain that BR will not agree to 2x compensation for cancellation. It will be very much uphill to get that.
Old Feb 19, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Any idea what the time limit is for asking for refunds? I only just returned from Asia.
There is a 3 year deadline so plenty of time.

I suggest to write to BR customer service. Try google to find an email-adr. or call BR asking for it.
Old Feb 19, 19, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Refund? The OP got rebooked to BA by BR so there is no refund due for sure.

I'm almost certain that BR will not agree to 2x compensation for cancellation. It will be very much uphill to get that.
OPs original post said he was using the compensation portal so I gave him that and EU261. The “compensation” page available is refunds.
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
BR can disagree all they want. CEDR/MCOL (or even just the threat) are what matter.