Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

YYZ - TPE in November in Paid J; BR or KE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

Hi,

Got an interesting dilemma. Have a paid J trip around November, YYZ to TPE round trip. Obviously BR is best choice as it’s direct and has excellent hard/ soft product. I have flown BR Royal Laurel a couple of times in the past and will do again soon in May.

KE has a cheaper J via ICN. I have never flown KE in J. Heard it’s dreamliner and their J cabin has Apex suit installed. Really tempted to try.

thoughts?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:46 pm

Unless KE is a lot cheaper, BR's departure and arrival time usually works out a lot better than KE's noon departure.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:58 pm

I've never been that impressed with KE J. I've also seen some of the low-fares from YYZ/JFK to Asia on KE/OZ/UA and the PRC carriers (often significantly cheaper). For some reason BR rarely seems to discount, and I guess they know their product is worth it, or I don't know how to find the cheap fares.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
BR has a better product.
Originally Posted by east_west
For some reason BR rarely seems to discount
Sure they do, just depends on the route. You're not going to see them discount to/from TPE, just as you won't see KE discount to/from ICN.
thumbsup7 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
BR has a better product.
Sure they do, just depends on the route. You're not going to see them discount to/from TPE, just as you won't see KE discount to/from ICN.
I would also agree on this quote. Unfotunately, KE offer 5 days per week schedule which may limit your flexibility unless you are willing to connect one more time in YVR or other place.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
the apex window seat is better than the eva reverse herringbone

a dreamliner is also a nicer ride

KE has a nice new terminal to explore

but its a connection...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
The BR seat is just fine. I like the fact that the config is 1-2-1 and not the 2-2-2 of Korean. Oh sure the2 seats are offset and there is a privacy screen, but still I don't want to sit next to someone. The Apex seat does offer much better leg room.
I find that the B777 and B787 flight comfort similar although the B777 seems roomier. Unlike many carriers, EVA still provides a lavatory that has room to move. You'll notice the difference if you ever fly on AC.
I prefer BR catering and crew hospitality. BR FAs are genuinely kind. Both have good IFE.
As for airports, I much prefer TPE. Yes it's small, but that's why it is wonderful. One is never crowded or rushed. The personnel are polite.
Transfers are easy, and if anything ever goes wrong like an IROP or baggage event, BR is awesome. transfer desks at ICN are annoying, but at TPE with BR, it is service with a smile and with staff falling over themselves to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.