Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which lounge is the best at TPE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
No need to worry about over-crowding in the EVA Air lounges. Haha! I'm in the Infinity Lounge now (Monday 10 am) prior to UA872 TPE-SFO. Occupancy maybe 20%. Time for a Haagen-Dazs ice cream - 4 flavors.
Were you on the Sunday flight or are you on the Monday flight? If it was Sunday, we were in there at the same time, and on the same flight!

Occupancy was low during our visit, but the breakfast menu is somewhat lighter than lunch/dinner so we regretted not going to the SQ Lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Were you on the Sunday flight or are you on the Monday flight? If it was Sunday, we were in there at the same time, and on the same flight!

Occupancy was low during our visit, but the breakfast menu is somewhat lighter than lunch/dinner so we regretted not going to the SQ Lounge.
Monday flight.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:42 pm

Dumb question, do any of the BR, SQ, Plaza Premium lounges have an actual bar rather than self-pour?
​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: BR S (*S), Marriott T, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Dumb question, do any of the BR, SQ, Plaza Premium lounges have an actual bar rather than self-pour?
​​​​​
BR's the garden has an actual bar, but you have to be BR Diamond or have the co-branded Amex Platinum or co-branded top tier Cathay Bank card
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Violin1990
BR's the garden has an actual bar, but you have to be BR Diamond or have the co-branded Amex Platinum or co-branded top tier Cathay Bank card
Darn, thanks. I'll have to suffer through the self-pours
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
On the way to KUL, priority pass lounge is your only option. On the way back you can choose from EVA Star or Infinity, the SQ lounge or the Priority Pass Lounge
Which PP lounge, on our way to KUL is bigger with better seats and food or drink option? Is it a short walking distance from where we get off?
On the way back, which one is better? Thanks.

We are 2 adults and one child.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
Which PP lounge, on our way to KUL is bigger with better seats and food or drink option? Is it a short walking distance from where we get off?
On the way back, which one is better? Thanks.

We are 2 adults and one child.
I honestly don't know, I've never been inside the Priority Pass lounges there, only the EVA or SQ lounges, and you cannot enter those on your way to KUL
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
TPE lounges reviewed

I visited both lounges last month - enroute from TPE to SFO. I am not a self pour person but I'm fairly sure the EVA lounge has a full bar!
I was more interested in the quality of the daily papers and the ice cream. The SQ lounge had both Singapore papers and a "self scoop" ice cream station.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I visited both lounges last month - enroute from TPE to SFO. I am not a self pour person but I'm fairly sure the EVA lounge has a full bar!
I was more interested in the quality of the daily papers and the ice cream. The SQ lounge had both Singapore papers and a "self scoop" ice cream station.
Depending on your interests, the Eva Air Infinity lounge has the Taiwan English newspaper and the New York Times.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:39 pm

Have there been any changes at the TPE lounges due to Coronavirus restrictions? Asking as the ANA lounge at NRT has significantly reduced offerings now, including canned beer as the only alcohol available.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:16 am

Transitted TPE over the weekend, visitted SQ lounge first, was told no showers due to airport water issue - specifically same issue at BR lounge. Did a quick walk-through, wasn't overly impressed, tried BR infinity lounge and was told no issues with showers, got a spot within 15 minutes

So that's a downvote for me wrt SQ TPE lounge
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:42 am
Suspended

EVA home base is basic at best

For this being the home base the lounges are poor. The genaral arrogance of the senior management has prevented numerous chances to upgrade over the last ten years. I know very well as my sister in law is part of that arrogsnt team .QUOTE=jamesxie63;30630609]hi, I will take Eva business class flight from TPE and have found three lounges available which are the club by EVA Air, EVA Air the star and EVA Air the infinity. which one is the best or all are the same? thank you.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Transitted TPE over the weekend, visitted SQ lounge first, was told no showers due to airport water issue - specifically same issue at BR lounge. Did a quick walk-through, wasn't overly impressed, tried BR infinity lounge and was told no issues with showers, got a spot within 15 minutes

So that's a downvote for me wrt SQ TPE lounge
In the past for me, airport water issue were typically related to some sort of construction in the area. If I remember correctly, the Infinity Lounge is a good distance to the BR lounge, and is likely on a different water pipeline.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamesxie63
hi, I will take Eva business class flight from TPE and have found three lounges available which are the club by EVA Air, EVA Air the star and EVA Air the infinity. which one is the best or all are the same? thank you.
the Infinity and the Star share the same entrance, to the right is the Inifinite, to the left is the Star. They offer about the same food, only difference is the decor and lighting. The Infinity is brighter(with a view of the departure check-in hall below and its day light), the Star is darker(no window no view no day light, but there are some interesting neon lights like a night club)

Last edited by Mama; Mar 11, 2020 at 3:13 am
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:48 am

Some quick reviews:

Plaza Premium Terminal 2 Zone A:
Pretty busy all the time like most Plaza Premium lounges. Pretty dark inside due to low or lack of lighting. Really liked their beef noodle soup - better than the Ding Tai Fung-catered one on EVA Air business. I seem to average 45 minutes to get into the shower from the time I arrive at the front desk, but I always arrive to TPE at 4:30 am.

EVA Air The Infinity Terminal 2:
EVA Air's business class lounge. I'm not a fan of the design. This is the lounge with that disco vibe at the end and the seats in that section are in a circle. Good enough breakfast selection. Not too busy at 5 am. Waited 20 minutes for a shower room. Haagen Dazs ice cream in giant buckets to scoop yourself - I like that this is much less wasteful than individual cups but some people don't prefer this. I ended up having coffee and ice cream for breakfast here.

EVA Air The Star Terminal 2:
I think this is for Star Alliance Gold members. Obviously more members there than the above EVA business class flyers and thus the lounge is busier. The Star is also much larger than The Infinity as a result. A lot of seats everywhere - more than enough for the late night departures to America/Canada. Food quantity is about the same though the Haagen Dazs ice cream flavours are different. I ended up having coffee and ice cream for dessert here. I have no status with Star Alliance but the front desk let me choose between The Infinity or The Star.

I think Terminal 2 is closing for renovations in 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.